Forex, US citizens

Wonder if anyone knows anything about if Americans are allowed to open forex trading accounts at any dealer here. I have met Americans trading forex in Thailand but every place I ask for an account in Thailand refuses me.

• 3 months later...

It has become difficult for Americans to open accounts at all financial institutions in Asia - some have had their accounts closed because the US has put the wind up the institutions. Best way to do it is via an IBC - with a foreign partner ... and best place for the banking is in HK. 

I am looking at establishing a Prop Trading firm to assist US persons who are serious traders - not Mickey Mouse :stoner:

3 hours ago, goldfx said:

It has become difficult for Americans to open accounts at all financial institutions in Asia - some have had their accounts closed because the US has put the wind up the institutions. Best way to do it is via an IBC - with a foreign partner ... and best place for the banking is in HK. 

I am looking at establishing a Prop Trading firm to assist US persons who are serious traders - not Mickey Mouse :stoner:

If you do open p a Prop Trading firm please don't advertise with a TV commercial like that Interactive Brokers commercial on TrueVisions all the time where two guys are fishing and start talking financial trading.   That commercial makes me want to throw an empty beer bottle at the TV since the commercial in span of around 30 seconds must mention the Interactive Brokers name about a 100 times.

And hopefully you'll use your bear and bull in suits avatar for the company logo versus some Mickey Mouse logo.