Light Emitting Diodes (led)

Maejo Man

I'm after some 3mm or 5mm white LED's and do you think I can find them. The obvious choice was the "sell it all" electronics shop in front of Icon Square, but all they had was a miserable assortment of larger red and yellow ones, and a few small coloured ones. When I enquired if they had any white ones the reply was...sold out. When do you expect some more....no idea.

Ideally I'm after the LED's that they use in the popular torches that are on sale, the high intensity LED's but the opaque white ones would do the job. Any and all suggestions would be welcome...MM

In some markets they sell flashlights (torches) that you shake them to charge them up.....they don't work very well but they are so cheap (seems like we paid about 70 baht...maybe less for one) that you could buy a few and just take out the led's.

Chownah

go to ICON PLAZA - THE Shop at On your LEFT WITH A LARGE LOGO ..

i don't really know the Name ..

Go in and ask for LED > if possible show them sample

there should cost like 5-10 baht each or less..

might be sold in Pack of 10 or 20 ..

you can get most of the handy stuff there too ..

mostly electrical repair item ..

good luck ,.

if you need help with getting to that place let me know .

Pm me

Ta22

go to ICON PLAZA - THE Shop at On your LEFT WITH A LARGE LOGO ..

i don't really know the Name ..

Go in and ask for LED > if possible show them sample

there should cost like 5-10 baht each or less..

might be sold in Pack of 10 or 20 ..

if you need help with getting to that place let me know .

Pm me

Ta22

Thank you Ta22 but you could have saved yourself a post if you had read mine properly...

The obvious choice was the "sell it all" electronics shop in front of Icon Square :o

In some markets they sell flashlights (torches) that you shake them to charge them up.....they don't work very well but they are so cheap (seems like we paid about 70 baht...maybe less for one) that you could buy a few and just take out the led's.

Chownah

Thanks Chownah, that's lateral thinking for you :D I have one in pieces as I write, but they will only work on low voltage, and the leads are a "mite" too short, but I'll keep playing with it...The torch that is :o Thanks mate

whahhaah pardon me .. whaha

there is another LED supply store but up on the express way . i not sure what that road call but is toward the mea rim area if i got ot correct ..

the supply of LED is mostly from bangkok .. an area call " kong tom "

maybe you wanna check with them if it sold else where. OR ..

go to any small time TV or radio Repair shop .. and ask for direction to where there can get their

IC and chip and of cos this will come with LED parts ..

good luck