SURIN IMMIGRATION

khwaibah

Buriram Immigration Office will be located in Buriram City Hall and expected to open 15/16th July "2016". City Hall is the large complex on the 226 adjacent to the old football stadium. There was plenty of parking last time I was there for other matters.

Perhaps the thread title should be modified to alert Buriram residents of the change?

The title is correct. You want your own thread you are more than welcome to start it.tongue.png

+1.

I think that Buriram residents are so happy that they don't (maybe) have to go anymore the whole way to KCI (sorry kwaibah) that they are trying to hijack your thread [emoji3]

And a fine job the bar stool experts have done.thumbsup.gif Now if they could just come up with a confirmed date instead of jumping about like a butterfly on a hot bed of coals.whistling.gif

Edited by khwaibah

Buriram Immigration Office will be located in Buriram City Hall and expected to open 15/16th July "2016". City Hall is the large complex on the 226 adjacent to the old football stadium. There was plenty of parking last time I was there for other matters.

Perhaps the thread title should be modified to alert Buriram residents of the change?

The title is correct. You want your own thread you are more than welcome to start it.tongue.png

+1.

I think that Buriram residents are so happy that they don't (maybe) have to go anymore the whole way to KCI (sorry kwaibah) that they are trying to hijack your thread [emoji3]

And a fine job the bar stool experts have done.thumbsup.gif Now if they could just come up with a confirmed date instead of jumping about like a butterfly on a hot bed of coals.whistling.gif

And is it already confirmed what services this "office" is going to provide?

Maybe it's only for 90 day reports [emoji9][emoji3]

Personally I will be waiting for the 1st report about someone getting an extension of stay there, and didn't have to go to Surin Immigration to get final approval/signature.

Time will tell

+1.

Personally I will be waiting for the 1st report about someone getting an extension of stay there, and didn't have to go to Surin Immigration to get final approval/signature.

Time will tell

You should Ask the OP Kwaibah, he has stated in another forum that ALL SERVICES so not just 90 days, he has also been talking about various dates when it will open but feels the need to get pedantic on this forum, as for "bar stools?". Generalisations and double standards come to mind.

+1.

Time will tell

You should Ask the OP Kwaibah, he has stated in another forum that ALL SERVICES so not just 90 days, he has also been talking about various dates when it will open but feels the need to get pedantic on this forum, as for "bar stools?". Generalisations and double standards come to mind.

Sense you live in Buriram and will be using BI if thy do open, why don't you go to the proposed location and take some photos and post. They will be more than glade to let you do so. I did that with KCI back in 2012. Its what is called proof positive. This stops the rumors.whistling.gif

I do online 90 days and my annual extension is a long way off. I'm sure someone who goes after it opens will give feedback and useful information because that's what this forum does best.

Mentioning the Buriram office now gives a heads up to Buriram residents that likely change is imminent but yet to be confirmed as things can change rapidly and if in doubt contact Immigration directly.

Edited by Linesy

"You should Ask the OP Kwaibah, he has stated in another forum that ALL SERVICES so not just 90 days, he has also been talking about various dates when it will open but feels the need to get pedantic on this forum, as for "bar stools?". Generalisations and double standards come to mind."

Since you will be using BI at said location if and when they open why don't you drop by that location and take some photos and post them. This is what I did in 2012 at KCI and the IO's were more than helpful. By doing this you will be posting facts. Side note,the IO's down stairs at KCI are just the ground troops there only followimg orders from upstairs they do not make polocy or set in on camand decision meetings. Opening dates, relocation and finaces are directed from Division 4 Head Quarters for Immigration in Korat and they answer to Bangkok. Division 4 HQ is not Korat immigration. Division 4 HQ is in command of 11 other imigration ofices in Issan. Buriram is not the only area that these rumors are flying about for an immigration office. Roi Et Chaiyaphum, Lamphun and Phang-nga come to mind. At this point none have succeeded BUT I admit its looking mighty interesting for BI.

+1.

Time will tell

Everything.

Buriram residents will not be serviced at Kap Choeng in future.

Unless, of course, the 2 IO's lied to me last week !!

With all of the different dates mentioned, why hasn't someone looked at the calendar, Kwaibah is usually the expert on this.

It would seem that the 15th is likely the last day that Buriram residents will be using Kap Cheong.

That then give the authorities 5 days to move and get ready, 16th and 17th is the weekend and 18th to 20th is a public holiday.

Looks like 21st could be the first day of opening.

With all of the different dates mentioned, why hasn't someone looked at the calendar, Kwaibah is usually the expert on this.

It would seem that the 15th is likely the last day that Buriram residents will be using Kap Cheong.

That then give the authorities 5 days to move and get ready, 16th and 17th is the weekend and 18th to 20th is a public holiday.

Which month and what year..laugh.png

Nice to see you two still sticking together. Lovely.

Bearing in mind this thread has mentioned "this month" and such many times it would seem that your comment is inane.

Bearing in mind this thread has mentioned "this month" and such many times it would seem that your comment is inane.

Very true. You don't have to be a star, man to understand that it's June 2016.

ALL immigration offices will be closed on 18,19 & 20th of this month.

Edited by DILLIGAD

Hey Dude. You had your fill of pot?

July not June.

Add the 16th and 17th as thats the weekend.

Hey Dude. You had your fill of pot?

July not June.

My mistake. Plain & simple.

As we both work in Thailand, it's not a clever idea to smoke such illegal substances and risk our Work Permit and Business Visa status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

fyi to those posting here re the various Isaan Immigration offices, there's another thread running in the main visas forum re:

Haven't had much member feedback there from the Isaan Immigration Offices like Surin and others in the region.

If they're generally good offices and generally follow the rules, apart from the usual minor stuff, please post on that.

Or, conversely, if they specialize in jerking folks around, constantly change their rules, demand extra payments, etc etc, please post it in the same thread.

All feedback welcome. Thanks!

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

fyi to those posting here re the various Isaan Immigration offices, there's another thread running in the main visas forum re:

Haven't had much member feedback there from the Isaan Immigration Offices like Surin and others in the region.

If they're generally good offices and generally follow the rules, apart from the usual minor stuff, please post on that.

Or, conversely, if they specialize in jerking folks around, constantly change their rules, demand extra payments, etc etc, please post it in the same thread.

All feedback welcome. Thanks!

You really will open a can of worms if Surin residents start to honestly talk about  their local office.

20 minutes ago, tlcwaterfall said:

You really will open a can of worms if Surin residents start to honestly talk about  their local office.

That doesn't sound good. As I said elsewhere, just looking for a basic assessment of whether they follow the main rules or don't, are reasonably consistent in their requirements or are constantly changing them, are easy or difficult to deal with.

If you read the other thread that I listed above, you'll see people are able to make fair, reasonable posts on the subject. Please do post any comments there.

Now that Buriram Immigration has split from Surin it makes your questions seem more difficult, but in my 10+ years of being here, all Division 4 offices have proven to be difficult over those years. Kap Choeng being the worst to date. I haven't had a chance yet to use the new Buriram office and hopefully I'm in for a pleasant experience.  icon_smile.gif

24 minutes ago, sinbin said:

Now that Buriram Immigration has split from Surin it makes your questions seem more difficult, but in my 10+ years of being here, all Division 4 offices have proven to be difficult over those years. Kap Choeng being the worst to date. I haven't had a chance yet to use the new Buriram office and hopefully I'm in for a pleasant experience.  icon_smile.gif

There is no Buriram Immigration yet. Its is still all done at Surin Immigration for both Surin province and Buriram provence. Key word being yet. The only thing thats has changed is the name Kap Choeng Immigration to Surin Immigration.

19 hours ago, khwaibah said:

There is no Buriram Immigration yet. Its is still all done at Surin Immigration for both Surin province and Buriram provence. Key word being yet. The only thing thats has changed is the name Kap Choeng Immigration to Surin Immigration.

So why have we had claims that people have done their 90 day report at the Buriram office?

Edited by sinbin

3 hours ago, sinbin said:

So why have we had claims that people have done their 90 day report at the Buriram office?

On another local forum 1 person said that they did drop by the location and there was  one immigration officer on sight. The immigration officer said they were not open but he would do his 90 day report, that is the only report of that happening and that was about 3 weeks back. Surin Immigration is saying October maybe and that is of this past week. Monday will start new rumors.

So as I said in my previous post 'I'll believe it when I see it'. Typical Thai bureaucracy - piss up in a brewery doesn't come into it. Everyone round here is resigned to having to continue to deal with Kap Choeng (Surin) until such time as the door shuts for good.

• 2 weeks later...
     So as I said in my previous post 'I'll believe it when I see it'. Typical Thai bureaucracy - piss up in a brewery doesn't come into it. Everyone round here is resigned to having to continue to deal with Kap Choeng (Surin) until such time as the door shuts for good.

To Buriram residents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk