Pattaya Beer Bar Mamasan Arrested for Human Trafficking

webfact

Pattaya Beer Bar Mamasan Arrested for Human Trafficking
Story by Albert Jack

pma.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 6pm, on the evening of June 3, the Pattaya Police Department announced the arrest of fifty-year old Mrs Jaemnapa Pitakchat who has been charged with human trafficking and providing sexual services of a child under the age of eighteen.

Earlier the police had been informed that the One More Beer Bar in Soi Buakow, central Pattaya, had been conducting prostitution in the back rooms and so set up a sting operation. They arranged for an informant to visit the bar who met with Pitakchat, claiming to be the owner, who introduced him to a girl called Noo.

She asked to be paid Bt2000 as a ‘bar fine,’ which the informer did using notes that had previously been photographed.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/226658/pattaya-beer-bar-mamasan-arrested-human-trafficking/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-07-04

Not putting any blame on this girl whatsoever, but was she trafficked against her will, or did she show up requesting such work for whatever reasons?

The problem seems to go well beyond the mama-sans.

Not putting any blame on this girl whatsoever, but was she trafficked against her will, or did she show up requesting such work for whatever reasons?

Not meaning any disrespect whatsoever, but are you stupid? There's a reason why it's illegal for adult men to have sex with underage children, but you obviously don't understand what it is.

Not meaning any disrespect whatsoever, but are you stupid? There's a reason why it's illegal for adult men to have sex with underage children, but you obviously don't understand what it is.
I'm sorry but none of us are children at 16 we are teenagers and young adults. In SE Asia children are working in factories and construction sites at a much younger age than 16 but they don't make headlines because the purient interest of the tittilated moralists is not sufficiently engaged. There's something all too easy about being shocked and judgemental and occupying the moral highground in cases like this. It's sex these people are objecting to not exploitation. Edited by The manic

I'm sorry but none of us are children at 16 we are teenagers and young adults. In SE Asia children are working in factories and construction sites at a much younger age than 16 but they don't make headlines because the purient interest of the tittilated moralists is not sufficiently engaged. There's something all too easy about being shocked and judgemental and occupying the moral highground in cases like this. It's sex these people are objecting to not exploitation.

18 is the age set by UNICEF as an age to which a child becomes an adult, and has pursued many countries around the world to make it illegal to purchase sex from anyone under 18 even if the age of consent is lower.

You have good argument re 16 year old's ...but not every child's mind is mature as their body and they need protecting.

I note the child was moved to a place of safety and the case will be investigated by social services, I do hope they will be investigating the mother, farther and other family members who may have encouraged the child into this line of work.

I'm sorry but none of us are children at 16 we are teenagers and young adults. In SE Asia children are working in factories and construction sites at a much younger age than 16 but they don't make headlines because the purient interest of the tittilated moralists is not sufficiently engaged. There's something all too easy about being shocked and judgemental and occupying the moral highground in cases like this. It's sex these people are objecting to not exploitation.

No, it's sexual exploitation that's the problem.

Wonder if Smutcakes will be along soon posting that this lady must be connected or supportive to a certain political faction.

All politically motivated don't you know gigglem.gif

Actually, good to see the BiB doing something, anything, that reduces exploitation of underage children. But how many are still there carrying on as normal?

There has to be a cutoff age . Its mama sans responsibility other wise your going to get mature 14 years old rolling up and working

I have known (not in the biblical sense) sex workers who were (well) under 18 and were doing so of their own free will.

If they were doing so of there own free will without being coerced to do so, then there is still the issue of their mental maturity to engage in such work.

Many of these young girls arrive in Pattaya with the name of a bar where a family member has arranged a job for them.

They are children in all sense of the word, legally and morally.

I have known (not in the biblical sense) sex workers who were (well) under 18 and were doing so of their own free will.

Given the level of physical and mental maturity of someone under 18, that simply isn't good enough. They should be protected whether they ask to be exploited or not. Consent to an act of prostitution from an under-18 year old is not true consent, morally or legally in the legal code of any Western country, and the proper age may be more like 20 here.

...problem...what problem.....???

...who are the bigger scum...the ones selling these children.....or the ones buying them....

...both equally...and the sentences.....(if there will even be one )....should reflect that......

....'Sorry'.....only sorry for being caught....

...and they should confiscate all her assets......

...but don't hold your breath....

judging by this post and others i think you Ed find it hard to follow a train of thought!!!

No, it's sexual exploitation that's the problem.

Have no argument at all with reference to the sexploitation of teenagers.... the Western World is well versed in the vileness of it and though it still happens more then we probably like to admit in Western countries, Thailand turns a blind eye to it unless someone puts it in the face of the authority (I suspect the snitch may have had a problem with Mamasan in this case), if the BIB are serious about sexploitation of the underage they need to draft in a lot more BIBs and raid 100s of joints in a simultaneous planned operation.... but hey why do that when they put a sticking plaster to fix the dam....

18 is the age set by UNICEF as an age to which a child becomes an adult, and has pursued many countries around the world to make it illegal to purchase sex from anyone under 18 even if the age of consent is lower.

You have good argument re 16 year old's ...but not every child's mind is mature as their body and they need protecting.

I note the child was moved to a place of safety and the case will be investigated by social services, I do hope they will be investigating the mother, farther and other family members who may have encouraged the child into this line of work.

UNICEF is a non elected quango of corrupt, immoral self seekers who I despise along with most UN related groups. Who elected them to interfere in any country or its social mores and values? You say not every 'child's mind' repeating the false definition and I reiterate she is a teenager and a young adult but anyway not every adults mind is mature. And what about those young adults who are mature and decisive? Why should they be punished especially with the connivance of a farang tout. In many countries they are thinking of bringing the voting age to 16. Owning weapons (shotguns) is legal in the UK for 14 year olds- By denying responsibility and free choice to young adults you do not create maturity you create neurosis. I heard the term place of safety being used to describe a prison here in Thailand. Lets hope she is not there.

All this is is an attempt to appease the USA. Its' funny to see the Thais sucking up to the Americans, but in today's world if the elite want to get richer then they have to conform to western standards and moral ideologies. Really nothing new here: those who have the power will try to control others at every level. This is as old as time. It has nothing to do with right versus wrong. It's all about big money and power!