Jobo Giga Vu Pro Evolution 80gb

Has anyone seen the Jobo Giga Vu Pro Evo (photo hard drive) in any Camera or IT shops?

I have been hunting around Chiang Mai for one and they only seem to stock out dated 40 GB hard drives.

I was also looking for the Epson P5000 but the apparently won't be in Thailand until next year. I cant understand why they have the latest Cameras, Lenses etc but seem to fall behind on other things.

Thanks

The only place I've seen them was in Penang a few weeks back, at Gurney Plaza I think. If you are going to use it in the wild so to speak, you'd better check out it's battery life when downloading cards. Most are useless.

I'd be interested to know quick it is if you get one!

:o

I was also looking for the Epson P5000 but the apparently won't be in Thailand until next year.

I just got EPSON P-5000 in Japan last week for about 20,000 Baht and it's highly recommended. Very fast display of images including RAW files (and fast start-up of the device) and extremely fine images on its wider 4.0 inch LCD (previously 3.8 inch) at 16 milliion, 24 bit colors. They said it's much faster copying the images but this is my first photo storage device and my memory cards are microdrives which are much slower than CF in read/write speed and one of them being big 6GB, so often when I try to copy the entire 6GB before dinner while on trips it was still copying it when I finished dinner. They also said the battery lasts a lot longer but can't confirm on that either as I didn't have the older model.

Push of display button shows not only the usual ISO, f stop, shutter speed and focal length datas but also white balance setting, metering mode, exposure compensation setting (+- EV value), histogram, etc. One of the fature I like the most about this product is that you can copy the data directly to the external HDD by USB without via PC.

Brought it to Fotofile last week and the staffs there were very excited about the product. Was told it should cost over 30,000 Baht when landed in Thailand but I think it's a good buy if you're looking for a storage with viewer LCD. Any idea how much P-4500 and P-4000 were sold in LOS?

Edited by Nordlys

The thing I'd really like to know is how many gigs can you download on one charge? If you ever buy CF cards maybe you could let us know!!

You mean EPSON P-5000? EPSON website (in Japanese) says you can copy 1GB CF to P-5000 approximately 60 times and SD card approximately 50 times on full-charge. So approx 60GB with CF card on one charge.