Marriage VISA or extension of stay for 1 YEAR

Hallo,

I have a question about Marriage VISA, - or extension of stay for 1 YEAR (without leave the THAILAND) - I dont know which is correct

1. How may months before i will make VISA i must deposit 400.000 THB to my bank account? 2 or 3 months?
2. Will They ask me that money Came from Where? or i just can withdraw from my ATM (from ABROAD not THAILAND) and just deposit to my THAI BANK ACCOUNT?
3. What bank i should open in Thailand ? or never mind?
4. I must be registered in My wife house - for make THIS VISA or this is not Unnecessary?

What more requirements are for make this kind of VISA?

Waiting for kindly answer,
Greeting

1. If applying for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration the money needs to be in the bank for 2 months.

If you applied for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet Laos you would not need to show any financial proof. The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year.

2. There is no requirement to show where the 400k baht came from. Bringing it in by doing withdrawals at an ATM would be expensive compared to transferring it in into your bank account.

3. You should choose one of the major banks.

4. You do not need a house book to apply for it. You will show your wife's house book as proof of residence if that is where you are living.

Here is a list of the required documents to apply for a one year extension.

Unless you are applying at Bangkok you will need 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7 application.forms.

Proof of 400k baht in the bank for 2 months by way of a letter from your bank and your bank book.or 40k baht income.proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for Thailand on it. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry (Kor Ror 22 for foreign marriages)

Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with the house number shown in it. The number of photos needed varies by office.

Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

Some offices may want witnesses when you apply.

Hi Ubonjoe,

This has prolly been answered over and over again, but the renewal procedure requires the money to be in the bank for 3 months, right?

Or is it two months as in the first time?

Moreover, I only have 30.000 bht a month in pension from my home country but I also have a Thai salary that puts me over the 40.000 mark. Can I submit a combined salary that comes from a pension and a Thai salary combined?

Thanks

Edited by LazySlipper

Hi Ubonjoe,

This has prolly been answered over and over again, but the renewal procedure requires the money to be in the bank for 3 months, right?

Or is it two months as in the first time?

Moreover, I only have 30.000 bht a month in pension from my home country but I also have a Thai salary that puts me over the 40.000 mark. Can I submit a combined salary that comes from a pension and a Thai salary combined?

Thanks

The money only has to be in the bank for 2 months for every extension. Retirement extensions are 3 months after the first extension.

The combination of money in the bank and income is not allowed for an extension based upon marriage.

No... no... not combination of salary and money in the bank... you answered that for me a long time ago already.

Combination of 'expat pension' and 'Thai salary' totaling 40.000bht

thanks

Eyes must of missed the salary part.

You can combine the pension and salary from legally working here. You will need to show your work permit and tax payments to prove the income from working.

• Like 1

Just left Koh Samui immigration, Brexit just scuppered pension monthly requirement I've had for 4 years. Chief immigration officer said 65,000 per month or 500,000 in bank now required. Still married to Thai. Thankfully friend helped with 500,000.

Just left Koh Samui immigration, Brexit just scuppered pension monthly requirement I've had for 4 years. Chief immigration officer said 65,000 per month or 500,000 in bank now required. Still married to Thai. Thankfully friend helped with 500,000.

There has been no changes to the requirements for extensions based upon marriage. It is still 40k baht income or 400k baht in the bank for 2 months.

I got the info from Samut Prakan Immigration and they told me for 1st timers for extension of visa based on marriage you need to have 400k in Bank account for 3 months n not 2 months.

there might be different requirements at different immigrations. I would advise to call in before you make a trip down as that might save you some time.

if your visa is expiring soon before your money in your account can be 3months you can always go down to the immigration and talk to them. they will extend your tourist visa accordingly without u needing to go out of the country. just bring your marriage certificates and bank statement showing you have indeed the money in your bank and am just waiting for the day to come to extend your marriage visa. Talk to the officers nicely and bring your wife or someone who speaks thai fluently to help u out if you can.

I was offered this option cos I can only apply for marriage visa in august but my tourist visa of 90 days will expire before that and the Officer says no problem they will extend my tourist visa for me even if it expires without me needing to leave the country.

Edited by Moonmoon

I got the info from Samut Prakan Immigration and they told me for 1st timers for extension of visa based on marriage you need to have 400k in Bank account for 3 months n not 2 months.

there might be different requirements at different immigrations. I would advise to call in before you make a trip down as that might save you some time.

if your visa is expiring soon before your money in your account can be 3months you can always go down to the immigration and talk to them. they will extend your tourist visa accordingly without u needing to go out of the country. just bring your marriage certificates and bank statement showing you have indeed the money in your bank and am just waiting for the day to come to extend your marriage visa. Talk to the officers nicely and bring your wife or someone who speaks thai fluently to help u out if you can.

I was offered this option cos I can only apply for marriage visa in august but my tourist visa of 90 days will expire before that and the Officer says no problem they will extend my tourist visa for me even if it expires without me needing to leave the country.

They have 2 months shown on their website. Perhaps they thought you wanted an extension for retirement. See: http://www.samutprakanimmigration.go.th/list-of-documents-for-support-thai-wife/

"8. Letter from Thai Bank certified money in thai account (Alien’s Name) more than 400,000 Baht 2 months before, bank book and ATM slip on date of application "

Can anyone send me some website about this - that before make visa must have money (400,000 thb) in bank account 2 month or 3 month?

becuase i must be sure that the money must be in bank account 2 month before that?

that anyone have some webiste?

Now i Have non immigrant o visa (multi-entry) for 1 year but i dont want leave the country every 90 days,

i want extend my VISA for 1 year in sisaket immigration

waiting for answer

Here is the official Police Order that deals with extensions.

There is nothing more official than this.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=280314

Edited by Eclipse

Here is the official Police Order that deals with extensions.

There is nothing more official than this.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

The above is from clause 2.18 of Police Order 327/2557 (click to download) basis for extension of stay.

t have had 5 marriage visa's what a hassle , should be a U.N. human rights violation in their somewhere about this. I have never had a to show money in a Thai Bank account . always U.S. banks accounts and brokerage accounts, that was enough for them. I think when they saw the balances they were totally intimated. hope this helps

t have had 5 marriage visa's what a hassle , should be a U.N. human rights violation in their somewhere about this. I have never had a to show money in a Thai Bank account . always U.S. banks accounts and brokerage accounts, that was enough for them. I think when they saw the balances they were totally intimated. hope this helps

so you had a visa, not an extension of stay, different rules

Edited by steve187
  • Like 2

ok, thanks eveyrone for answer, my last answer is after i will get extenssion for stay for 1 year in immigration i can withdrow money from my bank account or i must kept that money for how long?

or just 2 month before make visa - and after get the visa can withdrow immiedietly?

UbonJoe. Can I ask you your own personal opinion on why Thailand does not allow the combination method with the visa based on marriage?

Are they just being awkward, which would be no surprise, or is there really a good reason for this?

UbonJoe. Can I ask you your own personal opinion on why Thailand does not allow the combination method with the visa based on marriage?

Are they just being awkward, which would be no surprise, or is there really a good reason for this?

I think it is because of the lower income requirement needed when compared to extensions for retirement.

ok, thanks eveyrone for answer, my last answer is after i will get extenssion for stay for 1 year in immigration i can withdrow money from my bank account or i must kept that money for how long?

or just 2 month before make visa - and after get the visa can withdrow immiedietly?

You should keep the 400k baht in the bank until you get your extension of stay stamp after the under consideration period. You can take a small amount out for living expenses but not all of it after you do the application. There have been reports of immigration contacting the bank during the approval process.

After you get the extension stamp done you can take it all out if you want to.

I think it is because of the lower income requirement needed when compared to extensions for retirement.
Yes Joe, you are probably right, but I don't see it as an excuse, they are just being awkward.

I just went to samut prakan yesterday n another officer tells me its 2 months not 3 months for 1st timer. Different officers have diff info. Grrrr. But ok i m going down again by friday to change my visa to a marriage extension visa.

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, kama17888 said:

i have a question if i want extend my MULTI VISA O (based on marriage) extension of stay for 60 days in office,

What office in bangkok i should go? and what documents do I need?

Waiting for answer,

Greeting

You would apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

4 hours ago, kama17888 said:

thanks for answer - and what document do I need bring with me?

From Police order 138/2557

2.24 In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality:
Each permission shall be granted for no more than 60 days.

1. Application form.
2. Copy of applicant’s passport.
3. Copy of household registration certificate.
4. Copy of national ID card of the person having Thai nationality.
5. Copy of a marriage certificate or copy of a birth certificate.

You also need to bring your wife.

14 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

From Police order 138/2557

2.24 In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality:
Each permission shall be granted for no more than 60 days.

1. Application form.
2. Copy of applicant’s passport.
3. Copy of household registration certificate.
4. Copy of national ID card of the person having Thai nationality.
5. Copy of a marriage certificate or copy of a birth certificate.

You also need to bring your wife.

thanks for answer - so i dont need any document about my resident?