Hanging wires in the news again - who could put up with this?

webfact

These aren't power lines but phone lines or fiber optics else someone wouldn't be grabbing them like this.

Some of them look very much like 220V insulated power cables. The person grabbing them may not understand the risks, or may be wearing rubber soled flip-flops as most electricians seem to do.

...pretty lazy on the technicians' part ...just had to raise them....enough poles around....

...but hey....'a free-for-all'...isn't it....nobody is ever wrong....or guilty....of anything....

...except***....

I'm surprised no one has waded into that mess with a cutting tool like wire cutters or a good bolt cutter -- that would get the necessary attention focused on the problem. Just saying ...

Yeah and burn themselves to death in an explosion of sparks.

Not to mention the legal implications. It's quite remarkable how posters on this Forum who never tire of pointing an accusing finger at the alleged stupidity of the locals regularly come up with advice like this ... schizophrenic nincompoops ...

I'm surprised no one has waded into that mess with a cutting tool like wire cutters or a good bolt cutter -- that would get the necessary attention focused on the problem. Just saying ...

Not to mention the legal implications. It's quite remarkable how posters on this Forum who never tire of pointing an accusing finger at the alleged stupidity of the locals regularly come up with advice like this ... schizophrenic nincompoops ...

My dear Yann55 my remark was made in ridicule of the nonsensical suggestion. There is no pointing of the finger from this quarter.

My dear Yann55 my remark was made in ridicule of the nonsensical suggestion. There is no pointing of the finger from this quarter.

My dear Trentham, my remark was directed at 321Rich's post, not yours. I totally understand and agree with yours, and I do get the irony in it smile.png

I would have given written notice, stayed at a posh 5-star hotel and send them the bill until my house is unobstructed...

TVF armchair advice at it's best. Sounds clever but in practice, useless. What if you own the place and no-one responds to your pointless threat? Like those cable TV companies care where you decide to sleep? And your chance of enforcing that invoice would be????????????????

" she was worried that the mess might present a fire hazard.",

a good chance I would say,with a rat or birds nest in the connection.

she should have called Bill Gates,his quote about wires in Bangkok,

got the Government moving very quickly to start finding funding to

have the wires relocated underground.

regards worgeordie

Most people have mobile phones so the fixed lines are redundant

Indeed, many of the lines are redundant. However, there's apparently no obligation for a company to remove lines when they stop being used, and there's no proper record keeping to know which ones are used and which ones aren't.

In short what you are saying is that there is no organisation. I totally agree with you.

Telecommunications is what I do and if any of my guys had done that they would be looking for a job

Edited by gandalf12

The majority of those wires are telephone lines. You wouldnt get a spark

Why though do people want fixed line communications? Most people have mobile phones so the fixed lines are redundant

Um let me guess, there's something called internet, oh, and let's not forget busness's

Most people have mobile phones so the fixed lines are redundant

Indeed, many of the lines are redundant. However, there's apparently no obligation for a company to remove lines when they stop being used, and there's no proper record keeping to know which ones are used and which ones aren't.

In short what you are saying is that there is no organisation. I totally agree with you.

Telecommunications is what I do and if any of my guys had done that they would be looking for a job

Yeah, in line with many other things here lol.

I know nothing about Telcos but surely there are some established standard or something for how to manage this stuff (even for developing nations).

Is there not just some 'model' they can copy or whatever? It has to be cheaper in the long run to not re-hang wires and stuff yeah?

Why though do people want fixed line communications? Most people have mobile phones so the fixed lines are redundant

Majority or not - you would only need to cut one power line and ppffht.

If they cant tell the difference between a Communication line and a power line then they have no right to be employed to do the job

Um let me guess, there's something called internet, oh, and let's not forget busness's

That is not a real argument. It can be properly sorted without disruption if you have good people. Obviously Thailand does not have good people.

You double jumper the systems and you wont have the connection down at all. When I was changing out a central telephone exchange in a hospital we did that and nothing was out for even a second.

Edited by gandalf12

It leaves me scratching my head,,

no motivation, maybe no incentive ?

Where i live in Europe all cables are underground,

if not they will be stolen, taken to the forest and

burnt to melt the pvc then sold for scrap, how much

free money is dangling from those poles. Can't

they see that ? too much work ? lazy ?

I don't know.

I strongly suspect that only divine intervention is going to remove the wires. Well, KEV potential anyway. In the US I helped clear up the aftermath of a delightful mess. Lightning struck a 70,000 volt line and broke it. The wire dropped carving a ditch about 6 feet deep where it touched the buried phone cable. All phone wires for about a 2 mile area were incinerated.