Company bank account

Tim

I am getting confused, A Thailand Company is being formed for me (usual reason). I have been told by one Lawyer that to open Company account I need a Non-Imigrant Visa B.

I have been told by another Lawyer I need a non imigrant- Visa B, plus Work Permit.

I have been told by a friend that some-one recently opend a Company account with a Non-Imigrant Visa (retired) no work permit.

It is easy for me to get a Non-imigrant Visa (retired, I have forgoren the code) in England before I arrive in Thailand next week, I would prefer not to have to get a work permit, as I am not going to work in Thailand. Comments welcome.

You can open a company savings account with a Non-Immigrant visa (any type will do, but preferrable "B").

To open a check account (current account) you need a Non-Immigrant visa, but you also need a work permit if you shall have the right to sign the cheques.

• 1 year later...
I am getting confused, A Thailand Company is being formed for me (usual reason). I have been told by one Lawyer that to open Company account I need a Non-Imigrant Visa B.

I have been told by another Lawyer I need a non imigrant- Visa B, plus Work Permit.

I have been told by a friend that some-one recently opend a Company account with a Non-Imigrant Visa (retired) no work permit.

It is easy for me to get a Non-imigrant Visa (retired, I have forgoren the code) in England before I arrive in Thailand next week, I would prefer not to have to get a work permit, as I am not going to work in Thailand. Comments welcome.

You need a visa before you get your work permit, and I am sure you cannot open a bank account wthout work permit, thats what I had to do.what was the bit about retirement though, are you planning to retire, if so you can aply for a retirement visa surely, you only have to be 50

You do need a non-immigrant visa to open a personal account.

However you are opening a Company account?

You need:

1. Company Certificate

2. List of directors, showing your name as MD

3. Tax registration cert

4. Company stamp

I think that is it, apart from your own passport to confirm your id.

Everything you sign on behalf of the company needs to be stamped as well.

Work permit is not required. Unless you are investing a large amount in the company you will not have a WP.

You need a visa before you get your work permit, and I am sure you cannot open a bank account wthout work permit, thats what I had to do.what was the bit about retirement though, are you planning to retire, if so you can aply for a retirement visa surely, you only have to be 50

A retirement visa has income and or banking requirements