Thai exports continue to slump further after Brexit

webfact

Did I not read just before the English referendum that a possible Brexit would have no effect on the Thai economy as the export to GB is only 1-2%?

Maybe Thai Authorities are concerned GB will stop exporting Expats to Thailand along with their retirement funds or ill gotten gains?...lol

Now that might have an effect on LOS economy...hahaha

Yes, blame it on Brexit even though as yet, nothing has changed and ignore the real issues.

Strange how most other SE Asian countries are not having the same problem.

I suppose, unlike Thailand, they are not the centre of the universe and unable to accurately forecast like the superior economic brains gifted to the junta.

Is this a joke? Nothings has changed? The pound down to 45 baht makes imports into the UK, more expensive so exports to the UK from Thailand will fall.

I read a few replies and it seems like nobody bothered to read the article.

The Joint Standing Committee on Commerce, Industry and Banking (JSCCIB) has revised its export growth forecast to 2% contraction

Did I not read just before the English referendum that a possible Brexit would have no effect on the Thai economy as the export to GB is only 1-2%?

Maybe Thai Authorities are concerned GB will stop exporting Expats to Thailand along with their retirement funds or ill gotten gains?...lol

Now that might have an effect on LOS economy...hahaha

Not sure.
After devaluation mechanically arrive inflation to a comparable level.
Better to stay in Thailand, where prices will stay much lower.

You people know nothing,,, listen to the experts....

the JSCCIB has maintained its overall economic growth forecast

for the country at 3%. It said the Thai economy will continue to be

driven by government spending, tourism and increasing auto sales.

really ?

I read a few replies and it seems like nobody bothered to read the article.

The Joint Standing Committee on Commerce, Industry and Banking (JSCCIB) has revised its export growth forecast to 2% contraction

Followed by this:

"Despite negative signs in the export sector, the JSCCIB has maintained its overall economic growth forecast for the country at 3%. It said the Thai economy will continue to be driven by government spending, tourism and increasing auto sales."

Winnie

Thailand is negotiating an FT agreement with the EU....UK is now excluded and will have to negotiate its own - presumably the Brexiteers won't want exactly the same deal - so they will get a watered down one - all this is uncertainty and the markets don't like this (apart from a few speculators)

Yes, blame it on Brexit even though as yet, nothing has changed and ignore the real issues.

Strange how most other SE Asian countries are not having the same problem.

I suppose, unlike Thailand, they are not the centre of the universe and unable to accurately forecast like the superior economic brains gifted to the junta.

Is this a joke? Nothings has changed? The pound down to 45 baht makes imports into the UK, more expensive so exports to the UK from Thailand will fall.

Given that the biggest export is rice, and that is traded in Dollars, I certainly would not buy any rice until the speculators have finished raping the FX market.