Renting a pcx in bangkok

rubarb

Hi me and my friend are wanting to rent a pcx each to go traveling around thailand on for 3 weeks. Do the rent shops allow you to travel anywhere in thailand?

Does anybody no any good bike rent shops in bangkok. Thanks in advance.

My American neighbor runs a rental shop, not sure how many PCX's he has. Just combine the words bangkok and scooter and rental. It is near the BTS or not far from Rama 9

Edited by VocalNeal

I'm confused here. It is easy to ride out of Bangkok to say Samut Prakan or Nontaburi or Phatumthani or....

Travelling up country is up to them I guess as one has to factor in numpties who think they should come and rescue them in the event of a breakdown, that could be fixed at a local Honda/Yamaha dealer. Also it is not unknown for less scrupulous people to rent bikes and never come back.

I'm sure there is one somewhere!

Thanks vocalneal. Ive emailed bangkok scooter rental and 1 or 2 others. Some have a cap on the milage and others wont allow them out of bangkok. I think its always best to be striaght with people and tell them we might be traveling away for a few days on them. I no a little bit about bikes but theres always bike garages on the way incase anything happens. I believe the road to hua hin isnt to bad ive been told is that right?

Hua Hin is not much different than riding to Pattaya. The roads are busy so don't ride too slow. 80 Kph is OK. After the Ratchaburi turn off is better than the first bit but still a multilane 100-120 kph road if in a car.

I think if I was going specifically to Hua Hin I would go on the train and rent when there?