Food poisoning at school - forty girls rushed to hospital

webfact

Food poisoning at school - forty girls rushed to hospital

s3pp.jpg

Image: Thairath

NAKHON PATHOM: -- Forty female boarding students at a Nakorn Pathom school were rushed to hospital after a suspected food poisoning outbreak.

Two hospitals had to be used as teachers carried the students who were vomiting and had severe stomach cramps, reported Thairath.

The drama followed a pre-bedtime snack for the students at the Sirinthorn Rachawithayalai School in downtown Nakorn Pathom. The school caters to some 400 high school students.

Nakorn Pathom Hospital and Christian Hospital were full of sick children. Some were even transferred to Bangkok by worried parents concerned their daughters were slipping into a coma.

Thai Rath reporters who found out about the outbreak initially found teachers and doctors unwilling to reveal any details. But parents spilled the beans reporting what had happened to their children.

School director Jaturong Inthararung visited the students after hearing of the outbreak that started late Wednesday night. He said that now most students had returned home with just five kept in for observation and two of those still undergoing treatment.

He ordered an immediate scientific check on the food and water at the school to find out the source of the outbreak. Boarding facilities were undergoing cleaning yesterday.

The school makes all its own food. Doctors said it was a case of food poisoning.

The school is expected to be shut for a week with administrators saying that the time lost would be made up later. Parents were told not to worry about upcoming exams - the school would take care of everything.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-08

About a month ago I spent one night in the hospital for food posioning. That was the sickest I have been in ages. I feel for the girls. It is a horrible feeling.

Got mine from a food shop close to my Hotel.

We will give all the kids a pass with honours, now shut up about any problems at the school. Problem solved Thai style.

Well, most of the learning here is by regurgitation. They've obviously passed with honours.

Hope this may help anyone who has encountered this affliction as these unfortunate young girls have ....... after having food poisoning many times back home and more times here than ever back home ( non-existent food safety protocols ). I would share this ...... to cure this ailment one only needs to consume some aloe vera which will have one feeling better within 20 - 30 minutes.

Hope this may help anyone who has encountered this affliction as these unfortunate young girls have ....... after having food poisoning many times back home and more times here than ever back home ( non-existent food safety protocols ). I would share this ...... to cure this ailment one only needs to consume some aloe vera which will have one feeling better within 20 - 30 minutes.

However, this herb contains chemicals, called anthraquinones, which MAY have a laxative effect and MAY cause diarrhea, so back off on the amount, or frequency, if this is happening.

If the food poisoning is already accompanied by diarrhea, I would expect taking this to be a bad idea, possibly exacerbating dehydration problems.

>>after having food poisoning many times back home and more times here than ever BACK HOME ( non-existent food safety protocols ). <<

Where is back home ? just in case i ever venture there .

Parents were told not to worry about upcoming exams - the school would take care of everything.

I'm sure they will, they all pass with full marks. Well done kids!

Teachers are respected, upstanding pillars of society, they CANNOT lose face!