Sukhumvit Smooth Talking Scammer Still On Loose

The Dude

The man should be crucified at the New Airport as a warning to all other deadbeat lowlifes that run away from the reality of their own lives.

...which, according to your logic, must include the majority of sex tourists, who should accept reality and better seddle down with a women their age and physique, from their own society, instead of running away to Thailand so they can be with women of an age and physique they have no hope of being noticed by back in their own countries.

Lets better hang all we can't agree with.

:o

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am gobsmacked that someone would buy this scammer a meal. Why not buy him some vaseline as well and then roll over for him too? The Dude is totally right on this one. Can I have a shovel?

the guy has been offered help and declined. he's scum that is fraudulentlly obtaining money from people

can't see the 90 day ruling making anu difference to how long he stays here either.....

The man should be crucified at the New Airport as a warning to all other deadbeat Farang lowlifes that run away from the reality of their own lives.

...which, according to your logic, must include the majority of sex tourists

Absolutely.

There's plenty of space for more than one cross at the new airport. :o

Edited by Creeper

No deception?

As another poster pointed out already, no sick buffalo stories?

No attempts to get a monthly stipend by pretenses of everlasting love?

No faked orgasms, and everybody is a hansume man?

Haha. Very funny.

Reminds me of the joke in the jokes section:

why do women fake orgasms?

because they think we care.

The man should be crucified at the New Airport as a warning to all other deadbeat Farang lowlifes that run away from the reality of their own lives.

...which, according to your logic, must include the majority of sex tourists

Absolutely.

There's plenty of space for more than one cross at the new airport. :D

Ups, my apologies for interfering in the creation of a 21st century updated version of the Malleus Maleficarum. :o

Looks like some people care about their communities, others just want to protect and feed the scum who destroy them because they follow some juvenile ethos from mobster movies. Fortunately there are enough people unwilling to wallow in fear and surrender to the lowlifes that add nothing to society.

"Mean streets" weren't always mean. Someone had to surrender them.

Edited by cdnvic

I really dont understand why this guys life is so important to other people, if you want to get uptight what about the farang junkies that go from guest house to guest house in the koh san area using stolen passports as ID and breaking into rooms to steal anything of value which they sell before the police can come, thats if you can get the police to come, the owners of the guest houses certainly arent interested, at least this guy gives you an option

I really dont understand why this guys life is so important to other people, if you want to get uptight what about the farang junkies that go from guest house to guest house in the koh san area using stolen passports as ID and breaking into rooms to steal anything of value which they sell before the police can come, thats if you can get the police to come, the owners of the guest houses certainly arent interested, at least this guy gives you an option

This guy is probably doing these types of things as well, or if he isn't yet, he probably will graduate to it at some point. The threat that he poses cannot be allowed to escalate.

All those saying 'leave him alone, he's not doing any real harm', or even worse ''i used to love it when we had scammers and chancers on every corner, those were the days when Bangkok had characters' are missing the point.

If you allow problems like this to develop, ultimately a crime might be committed which nobody, no matter how liberal, can condone. Should we wait for that to occur before doing something? Or should something be done now? I think the answer is fairly obvious. The guy sounds like he has a serious drug problem, it's hardly unheard of for the crimes of such an individual to take on a more serious tone if they get desperate.

Like i said, if this scammer guy is still prowling the streets when i get back in January, i might have to have a word with him.

It is so easy to make one mistake, that leads to another, and results in a chain event that cannot be reversed anymore.

Everybody can end up on the street one day, and find himself in exactly the position this guy is in.

If we follow this "series of mistakes leading to chain of events" theory, then who is to say that this guy's next "mistake" won't graduate him from the level of "departure-tax-scammer" to thief or outright robber? If his chain of events cannot be reversed, then it can only move forward (or in this case, hopefully stopped), and forward means worse (more "mistakes" leading to more "events")and perhaps more deceptive and dangerous ways of paying for his addiction. I would venture to say that if push came to shove and nobody "gave" him money anymore, he would surely find other "less legal" ways of obtaining money...

Edited by teej

I've been thinking about this, and i reckon that getting a gang of us to hit the streets of Sukhumvit and bring this guy to justice would probably be the way forward from here. Who's with me?

You are a bit of a clown - coming for a holiday to Thailand so you can start a vigilante posse chasing a farang beggar off the streets. :o

Tell me that you are just taking the piss, please!

If we follow this "series of mistakes leading to chain of events" theory, then who is to say that this guy's next "mistake" won't graduate him from the level of "departure-tax-scammer" to thief or outright robber? If his chain of events cannot be reversed, then it can only move forward (or in this case, hopefully stopped), and forward means worse (more "mistakes" leading to more "events")and perhaps more deceptive and dangerous ways of paying for his addiction. I would venture to say that if push came to shove and nobody "gave" him money anymore, he would surely find other "less legal" ways of obtaining money...

Yes, of course, best solution to end worldwide crime - hang the people before the actually commit the crime. :o

Lets just start with one broken down farang in Bangkok who is getting a few hundred baht of people by telling them a fabricated story and with this making them feel compassionate.

God, he might be the next Charles Sobraj!

:D

As by legal definition, a bargirl does not provide a "legit" service, because prostitution is tolerated in Thailand, but not legal.

I think you misunderstood. In case you don't already know, using quotes " or ' mean's the word is not to be taken too literally. Be prepared to strech the meaning a little.

'Legit' in the sense there is an exchange between two people without deception, unlike the scammer. I think it was clear from the context.

No deception?

As another poster pointed out already, no sick buffalo stories?

No attempts to get a monthly stipend by pretenses of everlasting love?

No faked orgasms, and everybody is a hansume man?

Obviously Grover believes all the bargirls tell him.

Grover, just as a service to you dude, please consider this theory: If their (bargirls) lips are moving, they're lying. Read that, understand that and save a fortune and heart break.

If you consider that a tad harsh, then try this one: Assume they are lying until you've found conclusive evidence to the contrary.

This might not happen on your first barfine/meeting with your favourite girl, but it will happen. What concerns me is that you think it doesn't. That's dangerous.

Edited by tropo

Yes ....live and let live....but that applies both ways, the best thing for this gentlemen is to get some help, which pratically means he has to return home.

It's become clear now that he doesn't want to go home. I suspect being homeless in the harsh Canadian climate is not on his wish list. What now?

The reports are he is an addict, and therefore not likely to save his funds but is living day to day. This is the classic poverty trap.

Eventually he gets sick, bashed or has some other problem so that he cannot scam for a while…what happens then?

Thailand has no obligation to him at all, Canada does.

Canada is a first world country and has first world social and health services, Thailand is not and has little if nil social services available to a Farang.

I also think Maizefarmer answers this point in his post above, with an actual example of the German guy who spent many years in jail, which is a far worse fate than being in a Canadian homeless shelter.

It often happens that down-and-out homeless drug addicts are hoping to be locked up. That's one reason why authorities usually think very carefully about such cases before jumping in an arresting them.

It would appear that the Thai authorities already know about our Canadian "scammer" and realise he's addicted. Has anyone considered they might be using him to capture the dealers?

Edited by tropo

You are a bit of a clown - coming for a holiday to Thailand so you can start a vigilante posse chasing a farang beggar off the streets. :o

As of January i'm going to be living in Bangkok full time, and i don't want to see that sort of scum harassing people on the streets in my neighbourhood. You might hanker for the good old days where scammers and chancers roamed Bangkok ripping off innocent civilians at will, but personally i'm glad that these sorts of characters are finding it harder to thrive.

If the authorities are not efficient in acting, then it's only by responsible civilians hounding and refusing to allow these deviants to prosper that the situation can be further improved. We have to show the Thais that we're not happy about these chancers either and that the upstanding moral majority of us are happy to be part of the solution, rather than part of the problem. There has been some negativity in the media about some of the falang in Thailand, and this sort of guy just further damages our reputation.

If you don't like the way Bangkok will hopefully be in the future, devoid of these reprobates, then i suggest you start looking for another country with low enough standards to match your own to live in.

As of January i'm going to be living in Bangkok full time, and i don't want to see that sort of scum harassing people on the streets in my neighbourhood.

Bwahahahahaha!!!

What about taking bets on long you going to last, mr. streetfighter/special forces/upstanding moral majority?

My bet would be 6 months.

:o:D:D

Edited by ColPyat

Why don't the do-gooders simply take him home and provide him with the food and shelter and heroin that they feel he deserves? Then his days of defrauding and thus upsetting other people would be over and everyone concerned is happy. He has a home, food, and heroin. Those opposed to his life-style are free of the sight of him scamming people on the street and the do-gooders get to feel good.

Hats off to the do-gooders and enablers for offering to take this apparently much-deserving soul off the streets.

Why don't the do-gooders simply take him home and provide him with the food and shelter and heroin that they feel he deserves? Then his days of defrauding and thus upsetting other people would be over and everyone concerned is happy. He has a home, food, and heroin. Those opposed to his life-style are free of the sight of him scamming people on the street and the do-gooders get to feel good.

Hats off to the do-gooders and enablers for offering to take this apparently much-deserving soul off the streets.

Most of the "do-gooders" in this thread are not offering to feed and clothe the alleged "scammer", but merely suggesting that the moral policemen here just leave him alone.

Let's see if these vigilantes will stop whinging about him here and run him in. How about you Sriracha, why don't you surprise us all.

Most of the "do-gooders" in this thread are not offering to feed and clothe the alleged "scammer", but merely suggesting that the moral policemen here just leave him alone.

Let's see if these vigilantes will stop whinging about him here and run him in. How about you Sriracha, why don't you surprise us all.

I would never think of denying you the opportunity to feel good and enable him to continue his leisure stay in the Land of Smiles.... chok dee to you... I hope he doesn't have any bladder problems on your couch.