Macbook Pro with US Keyboard - available in Thailand?

thaimag

Hi guys,

I'll be in Thailand soon and wanna buy my first Macbook pro in there, i checked apple Thai online store and there I have the options to choose only between Thai & English International keyboards, but no US version.

Here's the international keyword (which I don't like):

2c5b3160f2a24b798ce6d47c3688017e.png

and US Keyboard:

e4d8d9fb330148c394100005cb79e5b7.png

Maybe I can get the US version from local apple stores in Bangkok? do they have it? You guys ever seen with US keyboards in Thailand?

Do you know Apple support number for Thailand? I could not find one on their thai site. Maybe I can call them and request US keyboard for my online order.

Thanks!

ordered mine through thai apple store 3 years ago and its the US version.

I think the option you are seeing is the english version, i.e no thai characters, but is still the US layout

EDIT:

Apologies, it seems you are correct, I ordered with thai characters, so got the US layout.

Apples own support article shows the international layout as you posted...

The Apple dealers are pretty certain to only carry stock of the keyboard with thai characters

It's the same layout as a US keyboard, and the Roman characters are larger on the keys than the Thai characters, but both are on each key. I don't really mind having the Thai characters there, and I actually use them on rare occasions when I must type some Thai words. You can get one with Roman characters only, but it is a special order and takes longer.

But the question I have is: if you are in the USA, why do you want to buy a MacBook Pro here? It will be cheaper to purchase it in the USA.

I am not in the US.

I had contacted iStudio (apple reseller) and they said they do not have macbook pro with US keyword.

I want only English characters with US layout, no thai.

By the way, what's Apple phone support for Thailand or Asia? I had called the number on apple Thai site, it never worked.

I am not in the US.

I had contacted iStudio (apple reseller) and they said they do not have macbook pro with US keyword.

I want only English characters with US layout, no thai.

By the way, what's Apple phone support for Thailand or Asia? I had called the number on apple Thai site, it never worked.

Have you looked at the online Apple Store? Last time I checked, you could order Roman character only keyboards. But keep in mind that you cannot get a tourist VAT refund when you order from the online Apple Store.

Did you try this number? 001-800-65-6957

Not sure where you are, but for that number you will have to be in Thailand for it to work.

For what it’s worth, I have bought two external Apple keyboards in Thailand via the online store (the old wireless keyboard and the new Magic keyboard) and both use the US keyboard layout (not the English Intl. layout with the tall return and backtick next to the Z).

I am quite sure that at the time, I had 3 options (Thai, English Intl. and English US), but I just tested now, and there is only Thai and English, but the image show the US layout.

It would be weird if they sell English US keyboards yet use English Intl. layout for the laptops sold via Apple.co.th.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same as mine too.  I also ordered from the Apple.co.th. store, although it was almost 3 years ago. 

On 8/30/2016 at 9:31 AM, dominique355 said:

The keyboard you show as US-Keyboard is exactly the one I got on my MacBook Pro Retina I ordered in the Apple on-line shop for Thailand. The on-line shop gives you the choice between the Thai keyboard and the US keyboard. No problems at all.

Archived