M&S funds not paid for 4 years

A few years ago I had a conversation with a JPM and he advised that it would take 3 court hearings to resolve the issue.

Assuming that the monies were not paid after a period of grace beyond the 3rd hearing -then the condo would be sold at auction.

The proceeds of the sale would be given to the JPM

He would extract all monies owing -including the legal costs .

The balance then going to the now ex -co owner.

I suspect that this is only going to happen when a Foreigner -who has not left a Thai Will-dies outside Thailand.

The Condo Act says nothing about this scenario.

Also a lot depends on the value of the condo.

The relatives of the deceased foreigner will probably chose to ignore a 1M Baht condo

A 10m Baht condo may generate some interest.

A few years ago I had a conversation with a JPM and he advised that it would take 3 court hearings to resolve the issue.

Assuming that the monies were not paid after a period of grace beyond the 3rd hearing -then the condo would be sold at auction.

The proceeds of the sale would be given to the JPM

He would extract all monies owing -including the legal costs .

The balance then going to the now ex -co owner.

Pretty much what I understand also. The legal interest penalty would be applied after a few months even before it gets to court and this adds up quite fast. By the time the third court hearing comes around the interest could be half the total debt or more.

A building that I am involved with did this for a deceased co-owner. The balance was sent to his next of kin in farangland.

If the owner still does not pay I think CJP will need to go back to court and request an execution officer be appointed by court because of non payment. CJP would then provide list of assets owner may have, condo, car, motorbike, etc., to execution officer and property would be seized and sold by officer to pay judgement.