Farang friendly Night Clubs in Bangkok

wavemaster

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much every club & pub is Westerner friendly... Just enjoy yourself as those around you are....

Funky Villa

Demo

Levels (& lots of other places on Soi 11)

Mixx (lots of hookers)

Train Market (lots of outdoor pubs)

Funky Villa burned to the ground a few weeks ago.

However, the OP should Google these

Sway in Thonglor

Beam in Thonglor http://beamclub.com/

Glow on Sukhumvit soi 23

Insanity on Sukhumvit

Route66 in RCA

DJ Station

Sugar on Soi 11

Grease on Sukhumvit soi 49

The Huntsmen Pub in the basement of the Landmark hotel. Live music featuring a Philippino girl band around 8pm.

You cannot compare Huntsmen to Green Mango. The only girls are Philippine Maids. This is not what he is looking for !

The Huntsmen Pub in the basement of the Landmark hotel. Live music featuring a Philippino girl band around 8pm.

You cannot compare Huntsmen to Green Mango. The only girls are Philippine Maids. This is not what he is looking for !

Not true! When I went once there were two fifty year old hookers at the end of the bar as well

Club Climax soi 11. Live bands and loaded with freelancers and some are actually free if you hansum man

LOL. many a young bonafide fit hansum man has complained that the freelancers actually want money... little do they know.

on infrequent occasion there are some non hookers but even they can have a catch.

example; met alleged gal with uni degree, spoke clear non issan thai well.. she had a new car and drove me home. in the morning tells me she drove to bkk (3 hours) and blew all her money with her friends. wants money to fill her tank

i told her i had already filled it LOL but offered 500 baht as a reasonable gesture.

another time was a gal saying she has a hair salon and is not selling herself. she had no english ability. at my place the first order of business was asking me negotiating how much shed get for her taxi.

hearing all the stories is not interesting and also detracts from mood.

climax is NOT the place to go for normal girls (good job and or financially secure, more intelligent)

good bands though but tons of cigarette smoke and pushy servers. staff in front where you pay entrance fee are often rude and crass trying to get a tip out of your entrance fee change.

the upscale thai clubs (rca, ekamai, and others "parking toys" near kaeset university) have never done this to me. also bands have never demanded a tip in advance for song requests as some have in nana - cowboy, one band even asking 500 baht.

Edited by atyclb

the club khaosan

I like the new clubs that have sprung up around Khao San Road and there's always Gullivers to fall back on there if all else fails!

And Looftop or whatever it's called,with the live bands is not too bad up that way!

met alleged gal with uni degree, spoke clear non issan thai well.. she had a new car and drove me home. in the morning tells me she drove to bkk (3 hours) and blew all her money with her friends. wants money to fill her tank

I think I met the same gal some months back….wanted 2,500b for petrol…at 5am in the morning.

If you like completely empty bars,with sticky carpets in 4 star hotels that overcharge for drinks,with +++ (service charge,tax,vat and big nose fine) then this is definitely the place for you!

Hello, where is the best house / electronic music in Bangkok now ? If you had to choose only one ? Thanks.

I can't pick one, it's between Glow and Beam, though there are s number of decent smaller underground spots across the city.

Either one of Glow and Beam is a good place to start.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Hello, where is the best house / electronic music in Bangkok now ? If you had to choose only one ? Thanks.

Glow is shit.

They ask you for 350 baht cover charge but more often than not, they've got some chump DJ who's been into house music for about 6 months on the decks.

They play tech house but call it techno because, they think it's more niche and, frankly, the overwhelmingly clueless crowd don't really know the difference.

With one or two notable exceptions, they'd all be thrown of the decks if they played their boring sets in any real club in London or NYC

But, hey, their tatts, piercings and friendship bracelets look cool

Beam in Thonglor is ok, at least they don't take the piss and ask you to pay to listen to some gimp

Entirely depends on the event, have been to some awesome nights at Glow, and yes some tepid ones.

If Beam has a shit booking, it will be shit as well.

Just do your research, easy to find out who is playing on a given night for either club (check their Facebook) and then you can just go to Mixcloud and see for yourself.

And of course, taste is subjective.. what Agent Sumo thinks is crap, others may like.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Glow is shit.

They ask you for 350 baht cover charge but more often than not, they've got some chump DJ who's been into house music for about 6 months on the decks.

They play tech house but call it techno because, they think it's more niche and, frankly, the overwhelmingly clueless crowd don't really know the difference.

With one or two notable exceptions, they'd all be thrown of the decks if they played their boring sets in any real club in London or NYC

Beam in Thonglor is ok, at least they don't take the piss and ask you to pay to listen to some gimp

What about RCA then,where they throw a DVD on with music and pictures on the screen,plus 3 muppets behind the decks doing absolutely nothing and pretending they're Moby or Fatboy Slim?

As for Glow I think your best bet is to wait until Nakadia plays there,I believe it's her favourite place to play in Bangkok?

Edited by MyFrenU

Glow is shit.

What about RCA then,where they throw a DVD on with music and pictures on the screen,plus 3 muppets behind the decks doing absolutely nothing and pretending they're Moby or Fatboy Slim?

As for Glow I think your best bet is to wait until Nakadia plays there,I believe it's her favourite place to play in Bangkok?

I don't see what all the fuss is about with Nakadia

She just plays any old crap as long as it's "bangin'"

Not into that industrial Berlin crap - it's like the producers are stuck for musical inspiration once they've got the drums and the effects down.

You can almost imagine them scratching their heads in the studio wondering if they can call someone who knows how to play a note on a musical instrument or write a hook.