Foreigner Beaten in Walking Street A-Go-Go

webfact

These Walking Street Go-Go Bars are notorious for both padding the bill and pouring all the girls drinks and saluting the naive unwitty tourist who then get an enormous bill...and the shock of his life...these folks are scammers and criminals and should either stop their criminal activity or close their doors...

nobody working at the venue was involved and that he had been beaten by other guests.

Let me think back...how many times have tourists been beaten by other guests when arguing over their padded bill...NONE!

Shut the scumbag place down...

Why do tourists have such a hard time keeping an eye on the bill? Been a while since I went out partying. As I remember each drink had a tab that was put in a wooden cup in front of you. Used to take it out and look at the price. Keep a running total in my head and leave when it hit my limit.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staff said "nobody working at the venue was involved and that he had been beaten by other guests".

I really believe this. Honestly, I do.

Actually...Over the many years I have seen that happen....Sort of ....when a really drunk and obnoxious foreigner was just talking crap and arguing over the bill because he forgot how many drinks he had bought for himself and several girls and now refusing to pay the bill of around 5000 baht.....plus

I had come to the bar and got to watch the last segment when they were asking him to pay his bill and he was not happy with the amount.

Some other foreigner intervened and told him he was cruising for a bruising, and just pay the bill and get out of here because your pissing everyone off and ruining everyone's evening.

Grumble, Grumble .......While the other foreigner looked around and asked everyone else:

"Do you want him to go or stay here and we all have to listen to his trash talk and causing a problem and acting like an Axxhole.

Near everyone said ..Go.....Leave...Get out of here .......Before the Police are called.

I think who ever said: "Before the police are called" is what made the guy smarten up and leave while grumbling all the way while giving the bar the finger, high in the air, as he stumble away.

The Thai girl beside me said: "He Dink too muk"...so I corrected her English and said: "Prick"..."Not Dink" .."He -is- a -PRICK" .."Not a Dink"

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

These Walking Street Go-Go Bars are notorious for both padding the bill and pouring all the girls drinks and saluting the naive unwitty tourist who then get an enormous bill...and the shock of his life...these folks are scammers and criminals and should either stop their criminal activity or close their doors...

nobody working at the venue was involved and that he had been beaten by other guests.

Let me think back...how many times have tourists been beaten by other guests when arguing over their padded bill...NONE!

Why do tourists have such a hard time keeping an eye on the bill? Been a while since I went out partying. As I remember each drink had a tab that was put in a wooden cup in front of you. Used to take it out and look at the price. Keep a running total in my head and leave when it hit my limit.

Buying your chosen prostititoots mother auntie, grandmother , etc drinks does add up.

Being a tourist of the mongering kind, carry certain number of risks to life and limbs, be it known

to all ' tourists ' that comes to Thailand looking for action that there're limitations as how far

you can let your hair down and play the field thinking that the locals are bunch of morons.....

Now you tell me! I've been there, done that. Can't fight the whole block.

Buying your chosen prostititoots mother auntie, grandmother , etc drinks does add up.

My record is 6,240 Baht at Rabbit Bar in Chiang Mai. I guess I drank 47 drinks, er, paid for 47 drinks.

Quote; The injured tourist was treated at the hospital and then quickly discharged himself after being told that this particular venue has a record of beating up guests and he feared somebody would turn up to look for him in the emergency room.

So this go-go place apparently have staff that like to beat up customers, <deleted>?? I wish the army would give some payback big time, send in 25 troops after they been told to trash the place including the bouncers.

Seems some of the bouncers in Pattaya loves to beat up westerners but off-course not one on one, but 4 to 1 minimum. Brainless cowards.

+4000 baht bar bill, another typical scam some venues practice when the times are hard.

Pay for each drink, don't wait until you want to leave.

4,000 baht bill and still standing ?? did they water down the booze that much or was he drinking Moet ?? LOL

I've also noticed a 7-11 where they only ring up the sub-total (discounts not applied) take your money, then press the total bill after you have left and keep the difference.

How does that work? dont they need to total for the till to open and give you your change?

It doesn't...just another silly story about Thai's supposedly cheating us foreigners.

".....were informed of an assault on a tourist at the Showgirl Go Go Bar on LK Metro, central Pattaya."

However the head line reads in 'Walking Street', shoddy reporting on a non event in a shoddy town, where is the news?

Next !!

4,130 baht drunk by one person would put most people on their arse let alone walk around after being beaten . something stinks with this story from the go go bar and maybe a lot of lady drinks added to his check bin without his knowledge .

Wouldn't be hard to run up a bill like that buying drinks for many of the bar girls so that they give you a lot of attention. Then the deadbeats try to run out before paying.

4,130 baht drunk by one person would put most people on their arse let alone walk around after being beaten . something stinks with this story from the go go bar and maybe a lot of lady drinks added to his check bin without his knowledge .

I had some girl try to pad my bill in one of these places. They gave me 5000 something baht bill. Luckily my friend was the manager there. I don't know what would have happened otherwise because I didn't have that much, on me or in the bank, at the time. Since then I quit going to go gos and bars alike. I just make my own party. I meet girls all day long and just their get numbers. Go to the beach, a restaurant, or drink outside one of the many mom and pop shops. The bar scene, much like the rest of Pattaya is about dead, too expensive and not friendly.wai.gif

I had some girl try to pad my bill in one of these places. They gave me 5000 something baht bill. Luckily my friend was the manager there. I don't know what would have happened otherwise because I didn't have that much, on me or in the bank, at the time. Since then I quit going to go gos and bars alike. I just make my own party. I meet girls all day long and just their get numbers. Go to the beach, a restaurant, or drink outside one of the many mom and pop shops. The bar scene, much like the rest of Pattaya is about dead, too expensive and not friendly.wai.gif

You, Stud, Monger ! (In my eyes sad), but it is your life.

From what is said the foreigner was able to walk even after drinking heavily by the premises bar bill.

My best guess is if you look for action well you find it that way and you have to be prepare to enjoy it and about cams ( not working) this is very strange.

Any how this is not the last time we will hear more of the same. Have fun in the sun.

Where does it say he drunk it himself? I imagine he was the toast of the bar buying LD's until it was time to pay, try not paying a bar bill in any red light area around the world and see what happens

Just looking at the photo's the bar has produced his bill, looks fine to me, its not a bar where chits are put in the bin, its POS bill and he brought a shed load of LD's

Obviously Pattaya geography is not one of 'Albert Jack's' strong points.

Well, don't be too picky.

LK is almost "a" walking street if you beware of the speeding motorbike hools cheesy.gif

4000 Baht bill: first you have one "lady", she has a thirsty friend. the friend has a friend, the friend of the friend has a friend..

In the end all the ladies are YOUR friend biggrin.png

Easy.

And if you let this happen thinking lady drinks will be the same price as beer and do not check your bill until 4am, you may well find the bouncers are not your friends.

Sure, the ladies wanted to drink with him because he hansum man.

...very hansum..no shirt..guts hanging out..bloodied face and pissed himself it seems..very hansum.

Even as I am aware of the capacity for stupidity on the part of tourists, it still baffles me that a person could come to a place like Thailand, with all of its wild and crazy history and reputation going back to the Vietnam era, and not learn about the simple basic risks and what not to do in these places. The padded bill scam is well known, and written about in hundreds of forums. Any search on the subject of gogo bars will turn up everything you need to know. I did quite a bit of studying online before I made my first trip, and had no fear and no serious trouble. I managed some small problems with a couple girls with no worries because I was prepared. I wanted to get rid of a girl (she'd come to my apartment) because she was too drunk or high so I gave her 1000 baht, about $28 US and said goodbye, walked her to the cab. She expected me to pay for the cab, no thank you, I ran back to my apt and stuck her with the cab fare, she chased me, but I slammed the security door in her face and it locked. . She was a little pissed, but left without any major incident. It's a good idea to stay at a place that has security, duh. BTW I always carry pepper spray, law enforcement strength, just in case. Never had to use it in 3 years. Never had another problem with a bar girl. By and large I have a great time with the girls even as I buy them a few drinks. My advantage is that I don't drink to excess, and don't get drunk. I pay attention to everything. No one comes within ten feet of me with my giving them a good once over. I don't run tabs, and I ask for prices before ordering, and pay for each drink. Having said that I much prefer the live music venues.

Quote; The injured tourist was treated at the hospital and then quickly discharged himself after being told that this particular venue has a record of beating up guests and he feared somebody would turn up to look for him in the emergency room.

So this go-go place apparently have staff that like to beat up customers, <deleted>?? I wish the army would give some payback big time, send in 25 troops after they been told to trash the place including the bouncers.

Seems some of the bouncers in Pattaya loves to beat up westerners but off-course not one on one, but 4 to 1 minimum. Brainless cowards.

+4000 baht bar bill, another typical scam some venues practice when the times are hard.

Pay for each drink, don't wait until you want to leave.

4,000 baht bill and still standing ?? did they water down the booze that much or was he drinking Moet ?? LOL

Read the whole thread?