Best place to live in Hua Hin Cha-am

fredovitch133

Hi,

I plan to relocate to Hua Hin or Cha-Am with my family including 2 kids 4 and 11 years old. We would like to rent a house or a townhouse in a quiet place not very far from the center and the schools (less than 20km) and in an unexpensive area because i can't spend more than 18.000 THB by month for the rental fee of the house. Could you advice a good place to stay ? A village or Moo Ban not pricey ?

Thanks a lot for your help smile.png

You will find houses in Khao Takiab and many other places renting for under 18k a month quite easily.

Don't bother with an agency, you will need to do some legwork, drive around looking at signs on the gates of houses and go down every soi as you search, you will find something.

Also consider popping into local cafes / restaurants - the people who run these often live locally

Hello,

As you have children in school, first prefer the proximity of schools and nursing facilities. Traffic is painful in Hua Hin.

And times when you can flow easily, it is between 12 and 14 h 30 h 30 and night.

Otherwise, as already recommended, contact the local or restaus, nationality or other, and strolling in Cha Am and Hua Hin.

Especially not by the agencies.

It's better to see for yourself and you can bargain.

Good research.coffee1.gif

You will find houses in Khao Takiab and many other places renting for under 18k a month quite easily.

Don't bother with an agency, you will need to do some legwork, drive around looking at signs on the gates of houses and go down every soi as you search, you will find something.

Also consider popping into local cafes / restaurants - the people who run these often live locally

Thanks that's noted :)

Hello,
As you have children in school, first prefer the proximity of schools and nursing facilities. Traffic is painful in Hua Hin.
And times when you can flow easily, it is between 12 and 14 h 30 h 30 and night.
Otherwise, as already recommended, contact the local or restaus, nationality or other, and strolling in Cha Am and Hua Hin.
Especially not by the agencies.
It's better to see for yourself and you can bargain.
Good research.coffee1.gif

Yes thta's true, thanks for your advice mate !

What schools do you want for your kids as Cha am dosnt have any decent schools so they will need a long journey each day to either Petchaburi or Hua Hin.If you are happy with a Government overcrowded school with little or no discipline then Cha am would suffice.

What schools do you want for your kids as Cha am dosnt have any decent schools so they will need a long journey each day to either Petchaburi or Hua Hin.If you are happy with a Government overcrowded school with little or no discipline then Cha am would suffice.

Ok thanks i didn't know about Cha-Am, of course this kind of school isn't what i'm looking for.....

There are good EP schools in Petchaburi cost about 55k per year, minibus will collect kids at 6am and return at 6pm cost 1,200 per kid per month...its a long day for them but an option which most parents wanting a better education use. Hua Hin has better education options and also an abundance of rental property compared to Cha am, however it comes with the downside of terrible congestion and unbearable at weekends and holidays. You could look at the Bang Kwai area located half way between Cha am and Hua Hin, quite but has small Lotus etc.Hua Hin only a 10-15 minute drive so kids can school there

Edited by baansgr

My friend has his house for rent in Dusita 2, Soi 112. 3 bed with a pool and next to a lake. Partly furnished. International school will collect and drop children at the door in a bus which is about 15 min away. PM me if you would like his phone number

My friend has his house for rent in Dusita 2, Soi 112. 3 bed with a pool and next to a lake. Partly furnished. International school will collect and drop children at the door in a bus which is about 15 min away. PM me if you would like his phone number

Thanks Icecool. How much is the monthly rental fee please ?

• 2 weeks later...

There are good EP schools in Petchaburi cost about 55k per year, minibus will collect kids at 6am and return at 6pm cost 1,200 per kid per month...its a long day for them but an option which most parents wanting a better education use. Hua Hin has better education options and also an abundance of rental property compared to Cha am, however it comes with the downside of terrible congestion and unbearable at weekends and holidays. You could look at the Bang Kwai area located half way between Cha am and Hua Hin, quite but has small Lotus etc.Hua Hin only a 10-15 minute drive so kids can school there

Sounds good, do you know if there is a village (Moo ban) with any house to rent ? Thanks

I do not want to hijack this tread but allow me to ask where the local foreigners in Hua Hin would recommend us to stay when safety is a priority and also which kind of property to rent. Initially I would like to rent a small, but well maintained house / townhouse but have some security concerns because I'm abroad 2 months in a stretch every year and then my wife is left alone. Is there any kind of village nearby Khao Takieb with good security and a gate where they are serious about the safety of the villagers?

Thanks

Felt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 08/08/2016 at 3:30 AM, Chuckles78 said:

There is also a very good school on Soi 112. We live nearby.

Hello, i'm very interested, could you tell me the name of the school soi 112 ? Did you hear something about Somtawin school or Withalayai school (christian salesian) near the market village ?

Thanks in advance :)

Hua Hin.

Cha Am is a dump. Not a decent shop, restaurant or pub and full of old falang farts and local girls who think the height of fashion is baggy knee-length shorts and a T-shirt emblazoned with the welcome: "<deleted>> off!" One or two of them actually know what it means.

Don't listen to any poster who tells you any different. They just want to keep the joys of Hua Hin to themselves.

If you are looking for an area inside HH I can recommend the northern part. Its only 9 km from town but don't have all the traffic and noise. You can look at the Soi 6 area. I must however say that there are much less traffic in HH now than 3 years ago, there is only a 1 to 2 km stretch in the town centre that is busy most of the time.

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

Hua Hin.

Cha Am is a dump. Not a decent shop, restaurant or pub and full of old falang farts and local girls who think the height of fashion is baggy knee-length shorts and a T-shirt emblazoned with the welcome: "<deleted>> off!" One or two of them actually know what it means.

Don't listen to any poster who tells you any different. They just want to keep the joys of Hua Hin to themselves.

Hoping that will keep him out of Cha Am huh?

Hi fredovitch,

we have a house in Hua Hin in a quiet area close to the shopping center.

There is a swimming pool and fitness club nearby.

It is fully furnished and has two bedrooms, one small room upstairs for a maid,

The main room and both bed rooms have air conditioning.

The rent would not be more than 15.000 a month.

There are television, internet, electricity and water bills to be paid.

If you are interested, we can send you photos.

We are German living only in Hua Hin in the winter, but decided to leave Thailand 

altogether.

Best regards,

iklin

2 hours ago, iklin said:

Hi fredovitch,

We are German living only in Hua Hin in the winter, but decided to leave Thailand 

altogether.

Best regards,

iklin

Interesting ! PM sent...

16 hours ago, iklin said:

Hi fredovitch,

altogether.

Best regards,

iklin

Thanks Iklin, could you send me any pictures please ? Which area exactly ?

Edited by fredovitch133

Hi fredo,

as I am a new member, I do not know how to send you a personal message.

The area is called "West Railway Road" and the street is called 32, house number 17.

There is a 7/11 shop when you cross over Soi 98  - just turn left until the end of the street, then turn right. In front of our house is a little Thai shop, the neighbors are always watching, so it is "protected area".

Max Strasse.PNG

Hi fredo,

I am new to this forum and do not know how to send you a personal message.

Our house is easy to find.

The road is called West Railway Road, the railway crossing is on Soi 94 where the 7/11 shop is. Then you turn left until to the end of the street where you turn right into our small street.

It is house number 17 on the street called 32.

In front of our house is a Thai shop where the people are day and night observing the area, so our house is in permanet "watch".

I send you a photo:

Max Strasse.PNG

Well my vote is for Khao Takiab. It's not a crazy place by far and it's within easy reach of everywhere.

Remember (in case you didn't know already) the massive new shopping mall ( http://www.bluporthuahin.com ) will open on October 1st, one month from today - this is much nearer to Takiab than Market Village / Villa and the rest of downtown Hua Hin.

Convenience is important when it comes to shopping for me.

I lived in Bangkok when Terminal 21 opened and I've seen what happens when something new opens - the old places don't do well.

Welcome to my world.

I would recommend renting in the area of Khao Takiab, in Hua Hin.  There are plenty of condos available in your budget.

The local restaurants are excellent. 

For breakfasts I would recommend Yummy Corner (Nikki and the girls), will cook any breakfast you want and the coffee is to die for.

or if you want a quiter venue then theres the eco-cafe. Two little dogs kept my daughter entertained in there.

For lunches and evening meals I would recommend H&H, really good food - except the Spaghetti Bolognese (Thai version of an Italian Dish that definitly got lost in translation).

You are of course close to Monkey Mountain and the quite end of the Hua Hin beach.

Circade Market is on most weekends, where you can shop until you drop at reasonable prices. You can also have a bite to each at the food market area there.

The baht bus will cost you 10 baht before 7pm to Hua Hin and 15 after 7pm, although the last baht bus is at 9pm. Tuks tuks cost around 150 baht.

There are good hospitals like the Bangkok Hospital.  Market Village is a stones throw away form Khao Takiab. 

There is Hua Hin International School, which has a bus that collects from the Clock Tower in Hua Hin. The school has UK IGCSE Syllabus.

The Centera Grand, The Hyatt, The Marriot have an array of Buffets to enjoy throughout the week.

Life here is good.