Reversing a Cash Deposit?

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to reverse a Cash Deposit at a CDM. Let's say you sell something to someone who you don't know. He/she is going to put the cash in the machine and send to you along with a slip? Then will he/she be able to reverse it or it is safe?

Thank you.

It is not that simple. Bank transfer can be reverse quiet easily for example, most of the people do not know that. I am asking to reply only to people who really knows that with direct experience.

Edited by sciack

Am I understanding this correctly? I find it hard to believe that a transfer can be reversed. Were that true, the payment system would grind to a halt, what with people paying bills, then reversing the payment.

I have heard of stopping payment on a cheque, but that was in the old days of paper cheques.

It is not that simple. Bank transfer can be reverse quiet easily for example, most of the people do not know that. I am asking to reply only to people who really knows that with direct experience.

Called K-Bank and yes it can be reversed. If the receiver agrees then no problem

Yes its that simple i get transfers daily and never had one reversed. I also tried to reverse one that i accidentally sent and unless the recipient agrees then its not going to happen. Of course one could file police reports and so on but really it a waste of time.

Call the bank guys, it is real. If it has never happened to you that does not mean it is impossible. It has happened to me with bank transfers many times. Not yet with cash deposit, but I called K-bank and they said that it can be virtually reversed if the guy who has the receipt can prove that it was scammed or something.

Call the bank guys, it is real. If it has never happened to you that does not mean it is impossible. It has happened to me with bank transfers many times. Not yet with cash deposit, but I called K-bank and they said that it can be virtually reversed if the guy who has the receipt can prove that it was scammed or something.

This is another scenario " if the guy who has the receipt can prove that it was scammed or something. " good luck proving you were scammed and the money still be in the bank...

This is another scenario " if the guy who has the receipt can prove that it was scammed or something. " good luck proving you were scammed and the money still be in the bank...

You don't understand. There are scammers who find victim as middleman, this middleman (scammed) has to pay to a third party (let's say me), so it seems like the middleman has bought something from me but the middleman was actually scammed by the scammer, if I do not have hard evidence of what I have sold to the middleman and I don't have the receipt the middleman can go to the police/bank and have the deposit/transfer reversed. I am talking about direct experience, it has happened. But it has never happened with a Cash Deposit, this is why I called K-bank and asked, and they told me that yes it might happen and that a cash deposit is not 100% irreversible. You understand? I mean, if you don't like this, call the bank and ask.

Edited by sciack

You don't understand. There are scammers who find victim as middleman, this middleman (scammed) has to pay to a third party (let's say me), so it seems like the middleman has bought something from me but the middleman was actually scammed by the scammer, if I do not have hard evidence of what I have sold to the middleman and I don't have the receipt the middleman can go to the police/bank and have the deposit/transfer reversed. I am talking about direct experience, it has happened. But it has never happened with a Cash Deposit, this is why I called K-bank and asked, and they told me that yes it might happen and that a cash deposit is not 100% irreversible. You understand? I mean, if you don't like this, call the bank and ask.

You ask a question, don't like the answer so come back with 'what if'. Still don't like the answer, so come back with 'what if and if'.

Just ask what you want to know first and don't waste our time.

You ask a question, don't like the answer so come back with 'what if'. Still don't like the answer, so come back with 'what if and if'.

LOL

I asked and then you replied with wrong information. Then I called the bank and I got the real information. Now IF YOU do not like what the Bank has said then it is your problem not mine. Do not waste my time and other's with useless false information. Yes a CASH DEPOSIT can be reversed, I called the bank and they said so, that is it. I am sorry for you if you don't like the truth. But you shouldn't reply if you don't know what is the truth.

LOL

I asked and then you replied with wrong information. Then I called the bank and I got the real information. Now IF YOU do not like what the Bank has said then it is your problem not mine. Do not waste my time and other's with useless false information. Yes a CASH DEPOSIT can be reversed, I called the bank and they said so, that is it. I am sorry for you if you don't like the truth. But you shouldn't reply if you don't know what is the truth.

You got the wrong person. I did not reply until I asked you to ask the complete question in stead of half .

Depositing fake currency in the ATM would result in a reversal.

Or a direct deposit from a hacked paypal account would be reversed for example.

Or a wire transfer sent from a compromised account would be reversed.

There are many scenarios where an incoming wire transaction would be reversed.

It is pretty easy to call your bank and claim someone hacked your account and wired $X.

The only unreversable transactions are conducted with bitcoin, hence its popularity.

If you are dealing with untrusted parties, use bitcoin only and perhaps an escrow service since the counterpart will not trust you either.

The OP asks ... but already seems to have all the answers. No need to further bicker about this non subject then.

Yes I asked, and since the answer was vague I called the bank and got the proper answer. Here there are too many people that pretends to know everything. I hoped in someone with direct experience this is why I asked first here.

It has happened to me already twice about bank transfers being reversed, I did not know it was possible also for a cash deposit at a CDM. Of course if you have a copy of the receipt and proof that you sold something then the bank will not touch the money. But you have to prove it and going through an investigation process which is not nice anyway, and if you cannot prove it then you've got scammed.

The OP asks ... but already seems to have all the answers. No need to further bicker about this non subject then.

Yes I asked, and since the answer was vague I called the bank and got the proper answer. Here there are too many people that pretends to know everything. I hoped in someone with direct experience this is why I asked first here.

It has happened to me already twice about bank transfers being reversed, I did not know it was possible also for a cash deposit at a CDM. Of course if you have a copy of the receipt and proof that you sold something then the bank will not touch the money. But you have to prove it and going through an investigation process which is not nice anyway, and if you cannot prove it then you've got scammed.

you made a phone call to a Thai bank and you got a proper answer? gigglem.gif

Yes it was a long phone call, and the operator was well aware of all the kind of scams... I get the irony...

Yes it was a long phone call, and the operator was well aware of all the kind of scams... I get the irony...

,i have nearly been scammed selling bitcoins in this way

the scammer tells someone they will recieve an iphone for example for sale on craigslist or other thai classifieds for lets say 20,000thb

then he innttitates a sale on locabitcoins.com for 20,000thbn and gives the payment instructions to the innocent guy

the innocent guy pays into a CDM and the scammer gets his btc in 5-10 minutes and its untraceable and irreversible ......

next day the innocent guy goes to the police stattion and files a fraud report and takes that to the bank

they situation escalates because the police ,the bank and the innocent guy who paid for a iphone dont know anything about whats happened

or that someone else also got swindled (the bitcoin seller )

it will normally end in a refund to the injured party at the expense of the bitcoin seller ,especially if the innocent guy happens to be a "poor thai" and the person with the funds is a "rich farang "....rolleyes.gif

the scammer tells someone they will recieve an iphone for example for sale on craigslist or other thai classifieds for lets say 20,000thb

then he innttitates a sale on locabitcoins.com for 20,000thbn and gives the payment instructions to the innocent guy

the innocent guy pays into a CDM and the scammer gets his btc in 5-10 minutes and its untraceable and irreversible ......

next day the innocent guy goes to the police stattion and files a fraud report and takes that to the bank

they situation escalates because the police ,the bank and the innocent guy who paid for a iphone dont know anything about whats happened

it will normally end in a refund to the injured party at the expense of the bitcoin seller ,especially if the innocent guy happens to be a "poor thai" and the person with the funds is a "rich farang "....rolleyes.gif

Not trying to be rude but you old guys on here should not be buying/selling things to random people you do not know using technology you do not understand.

Not trying to be rude but you old guys on here should not be buying/selling things to random people you do not know using technology you do not understand.

not trying to be rude ,but the only one here who doesnt know what theyre talking about is you .........blink.png

perhaps you should go back and read it all again slowly ,or maybe someone can draw pictures for you .........laugh.png

Called K-Bank and yes it can be reversed.

One does wonder why you didn't start with that then.

Cash deposit difficult to reverse without very good reason.

More likely to have account frozen pending investigation.

Am I understanding this correctly? I find it hard to believe that a transfer can be reversed. Were that true, the payment system would grind to a halt, what with people paying bills, then reversing the payment.

I have heard of stopping payment on a cheque, but that was in the old days of paper cheques.

You would be wrong, transfers (TT) can be recalled. PayPal makes it very easy to recall. Cash transfers can be reversed but only with excellent reason.

Called K-Bank and yes it can be reversed.

One does wonder why you didn't start with that then.

Cash deposit difficult to reverse without very good reason.

More likely to have account frozen pending investigation.

Many reasons to reverse..

TGF forces you to deposit under duress..

Counterfeits..

Insane/drunk..

Gun forcing you to do deposit?

This makes absolutely no sense. If the scammer initiates a sale on LBC, he is obligated to release btc, to the buyer (who in this case is the iphone buyer). So the scammer sends the buyer instructions to put money into a CDM. The scammer could have given the buyer the CDM instructions without involving bitcoin or LBC AT ALL.

• 2 months later...
On 14/07/2016 at 6:21 AM, chingching said:

This makes absolutely no sense. If the scammer initiates a sale on LBC, he is obligated to release btc, to the buyer (who in this case is the iphone buyer). So the scammer sends the buyer instructions to put money into a CDM. The scammer could have given the buyer the CDM instructions without involving bitcoin or LBC AT ALL.

another one with no idea how it works

you have read it and  got it exactly backwards :rolleyes: