Stray Dogs Sedated and Abandoned: Local Women Appeal for More Humane Animal Control

snoop1130

16455125004_17211cf086_b.jpg

Two local women based in Chon Buri, Thailand, have raised serious concerns about the municipal government's handling of stray dogs. School teacher, Busaba Channon, and resident Ubon Homejuangjang claim multiple dogs they cared for were sedated and subsequently deserted in forested areas. One dog even tragically died as a result.

The dogs, whom the women lovingly looked after and even personally financed for neutering, were reported to the authorities as a disturbance by local residents. Responding to complaints, municipal officers tranquilised the dogs, with one confused animal running into the forest, where it later died. Additionally, some dogs were reportedly neutered again by the authorities, which led to injuries and no follow-up care.

The treatment of these strays, described as inhumane by the women, led them to make an emotional appeal for better aftercare for the captured dogs and not view them as disposable. They have reported the issue to Bang Lamung Police Station, seeking legal action against the individuals responsible.

This incident has cast a spotlight on broader concerns regarding stray animal management, demanding more ethical and effective solutions. The well-being of these animals is a matter not just of compassion, but also community engagement. Their call to action resonates with animal rights advocates who push for a gentler approach to stray animal control, focusing on safety and dignity of these animals.

File photo for reference only. Courtesy of Google

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-14

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

It's all from people who stuff dead animals down their throats

Who the heck stuffs dead animals down their throats?

There was a pop star a while back reportedly ate a live hamster (or something like that).

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

There was a pop star a while back reportedly ate a live hamster (or something like that).

Don't forget UK comedian Freddie Starr...  the famous hamster eater...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

It was Ozzie Osborne from Black Sabbath that bit the head off a bat that someone had thrown on stage, was about 40yrs ago, he said he thought it wasn't a real one. 😊😊

Edited by roo860
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

They are called carnivores

15 hours ago, proton said:

They are vermin the same as rats, this soppy sentimental attitude to soi dogs needs to end. It's all from people who stuff dead animals down their throats on a regular basis, then pose as 'animal lovers'.

Yes, I  was thinking this as I drove out to the highway and passed multiple strays, a vermin, and more apparent than rats. Although I have more of an issue with my neighbour's pack of pets that they cannot control. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Martin71 said:

Don't forget UK comedian Freddie Starr...  the famous hamster eater...

13 hours ago, roo860 said:

It was Ozzie Osborne from Black Sabbath that bit the head off a bat that someone had thrown on stage, was about 40yrs ago, he said he thought it wasn't a real one. 😊😊

WOW! 

So things have been happening for decades!

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The dogs, whom the women lovingly looked after and even personally financed for neutering,

Neutering does nothing for the stray dog population, people keep dumping more dogs.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

The better solution is to take a week and shoot them off.

The stray dog menace really needs a quick solution.

But the above method is not the way, IMHO

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

16455125004_17211cf086_b.jpg

Two local women based in Chon Buri, Thailand, have raised serious concerns about the municipal government's handling of stray dogs. School teacher, Busaba Channon, and resident Ubon Homejuangjang claim multiple dogs they cared for were sedated and subsequently deserted in forested areas. One dog even tragically died as a result.

The dogs, whom the women lovingly looked after and even personally financed for neutering, were reported to the authorities as a disturbance by local residents. Responding to complaints, municipal officers tranquilised the dogs, with one confused animal running into the forest, where it later died. Additionally, some dogs were reportedly neutered again by the authorities, which led to injuries and no follow-up care.

The treatment of these strays, described as inhumane by the women, led them to make an emotional appeal for better aftercare for the captured dogs and not view them as disposable. They have reported the issue to Bang Lamung Police Station, seeking legal action against the individuals responsible.

This incident has cast a spotlight on broader concerns regarding stray animal management, demanding more ethical and effective solutions. The well-being of these animals is a matter not just of compassion, but also community engagement. Their call to action resonates with animal rights advocates who push for a gentler approach to stray animal control, focusing on safety and dignity of these animals.

File photo for reference only. Courtesy of Google

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-14

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Stray dogs are a real problem. And to point onto a human way of treating them will be no solution. 

If every dog would have to have an owner, who has to care and pay taxes....the problem would be solved. The rest of the dogs have to be eliminated 🙏

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

There is only ONE effective solution which Thailand will not grasp. 

I am always amazed at the irony of mask-wearing, health-conscious Thais wallowing in canine faeces/urine on every soi and allowing dogs into 7-11s/restaurants.

At central etc more and more are wheeling the damn things around in pushchairs, only the expensive show off breeds.

• Like 1

Thai's don't give a damn about dogs. They let them breed, become diseased, live pathetic lives then die in misery on the streets. Thai people are indifferent to their suffering. 

Given how Thai's walk around with sticks to defend themselves from dogs I feel like they don't know they have control over the dogs and so the problem is out of their hands. It's pathetic and I have no idea what goes on in their heads with dogs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Time that Thai people adjust their attitude thinking it is more humane to keep these strays alive rather than catching and destroying them. 

I believe they do this from a misplaced view of Buddhism’s teachings, even some vets refuse to destroy sick animals.

Time to employ dog catchers to deal with them and humanely destroy them. I am an animal lover and it is cruel to continue the current official neglect of the problem.

It's a lot to do with a certain book some years ago, they don't let their Buddhist morals interfere with cock fighting, capturing birds and turtles for so called merit making or the way livestock is treated and transported.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Is it a tragedy that stray dogs die? What? They are abandoned or born in the wild. Dogs that no one want to care for. Ok, not no one. There are a few that have there head firmly unscrewed.

if she feel so bad for the dogs, then I suggest she open a shelter for them all and feed them for the rest of her life.

The better solution is to take a week and shoot them off.

Blah blah, your “humanitarian” attitude is known to everyone here:coffee1:

• Love It 1

Stray Dogs Sedated and Abandoned:

School teacher, Busaba Channon, and resident Ubon Homejuangjang claim multiple dogs they cared for were sedated and subsequently deserted in forested areas. One dog even tragically died as a result.

How stupid is this, Sedating  the vermin and than letting them go in the forest .

This isn't the way to get rid of them  they will just Breed and cause more trouble when they find there way Back .

The problem  is the Government  They must've been neutered Cause they haven't got the  balls to Employ people to Exterminate the Vermin the Right way and burry them.

1 hour ago, ujayujay said:

Blah blah, your “humanitarian” attitude is known to everyone here:coffee1:

I am sorry to need to state the obvious to you. Humanitarian attitude? So you consider dogs as humans. Anyway, man. You are barking up the wrong tree. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

These 'Shelters' should only be allowed 2 kilometers away from the nearest house, my quiet life got ruined by one, but 'we' managed to get it moved/closed down, 25 dogs were yapping all day. 

Exactly. Shelters should be as far away from living areas as possible. I am not for shelters at all. better get rid of the plague.

• Sad 1