Cameron’s last words as Prime Minister

webfact

Cameron’s last words as Prime Minister

606x341_338550.jpg

LONDON: -- As Theresa May set her sights on the future, outgoing British Prime Minister David Cameron took the time to examine his past on his last moments in office.

In his last words in front of Downing Street he said “We’ve not got every decision right…but our economy is immeasurably stronger.” Cameron is may be hoping that history will judge him in a kinder light once the dust has settled on Brexit.

He pointed to employment figures and the recognition of same-sex marriages as some of his victories while in office. However, others will point to social welfare cuts as well as an economic recovery centred on London.

He is also leaving a divided country, with an emboldened Scottish National Party calling for a second independence referendum.

Of his successor he said:

“I’m delighted that for the second time in the British history the new Prime Minister will be a woman and once again a conservative. I believe Theresa will provide a strong and stable leadership in fullfilling the conservative manifesto of which we were elected. And I wish her well in negotiating the best posible terms for Britain’s exit from the European Union.”

Many historians will point to Brexit as one of Cameron’s most important legacies, for those who voted out, a success, for those who wanted to remain a tragedy.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-07-14

Goodbye. I think I have accumulated enough points to get a pension. Tony Blair is waiting for me on the outside with a cushy job that pays 4 times what I made as PM. I will be selling all the connections I made as PM to the highest bidder. With a little luck by the time I reach pension age I should be able to quadruple dip. Life is good.

For once, Jeremy Corbyn Is Right: Cameron’s Legacy Is Freeing Terrorists And Gay Marriage

What a legacy, eh? Aside from being Barry's BFF...thumbsup.gif

That's not what Corbyn said; but never mind.

What terrorists did Cameron free?

Unless you mean Shaker Aamer held without charge, let alone trial, in Guantanamo Bay for 14 years.

From your remarks you believe that, despite the total lack of any credible evidence, the mere fact that he is a Muslim makes him a terrorist.

It is also obvious that you disapprove of same sex marriages.