New Visa Rules

pschef

Been discussing this old topic with friends, I also went to Chiang Mai Immigration. I am more confused than before. I asked how the new rules would effect me, as they recommended me to change to retirement last year. Last year I made it very easily, in fact the officer almost pushed me to change from Marriage status. Stating it is much less paperwork and better for me. Now this year they are saying, firstly the bank account should be my name only, that wasn’t mentioned last year. 2nd the money 800 000 should be in the bank 3 months before, date of application. I am 58 years old, according to the new rules that puts me between 55 and 60, therefore should only need to show 500 000. The officer told me, much better to show 800 000. So to me that means the are not following there own rules? Here’s one from my friend, would like some feed back if possible.

He meets the criteria for the Thai wife support anyway.

Would it be possible or even a good idea to try for a child support visa?

The terminology changed on October 1st: the reason for extension is no longer for “support”, but “to live with”

To live with your wife – 7.17(6) – the income can be earned by you, by your wife, or be a combination of both.

To live with your child – 7.17(5) – neither needs to support the other. No proof of income required. Immigration does not need to know who pays for whose expenses. Here, child does not mean a minor; your child could be 40 years old.

Possible to change from one reason for extension to the other? Yes, when the time comes for your next application for extension

Cheers I don’t apply until January, maybe they will change again before then :o