How can I apply for residence of certificate with my Tourist visa and hotel receipt?

jiangaq

As I wanna sell my car, so I will fly back to Chiangmai at the end of this month with tourist visa for short stay.

I have heard that if selling a car, I have to bring the residence of certificate, but why if i sell to car 2nd hand dealer, no need it?

If I really need Residence of certificate, how can I apply for it soonest?

My GF sold her 1st car private. The buyer called her a dozen of times because that was not ok, this was broken, the clutch made a strange sound and and and...

She sold her second car to a dealer who never called her (although she "forgot" to tell him that the brakes were to be renewed).

If you want to avoid any problem, sell it to a dealer. They are professionals and if there is something wrong with your car they should see it before they buy.

wink.png

My GF sold her 1st car private. The buyer called her a dozen of times because that was not ok, this was broken, the clutch made a strange sound and and and...

She sold her second car to a dealer who never called her (although she "forgot" to tell him that the brakes were to be renewed).

If you want to avoid any problem, sell it to a dealer. They are professionals and if there is something wrong with your car they should see it before they buy.

wink.png

LOL, they will give you close to nothing. internet is the best way to sell, as well as putting signs on the car with contact info whenever you park it.

If Immigration does not want to give you one in Chiangmai, get one from your Embassy before coming to Chiangmai.. Or, maybe you have a consulate in Chiangmai that can give your one. Naturally there is a fee that is usually about 50 USD or equivalent.

A friend if mine ,on a tourist visa, got a certificate from our Canadian consulate and used it to buy a new Yamaha bike. The official Land Transport Office accept them and they want to see the original passport.

Or maybe you can use the "private" company G4T near Immigration at Promenada and ask them if they can do it for a fee. I know they can do the certificate if you have a long stay visa or extension but I do not know if they can do it with a tourist visa. Maybe to sell your motorcycle would b a good reason to explain to them why you need the certificate.as you do not stay in Thailand long.

Maybe ubonjoe , has more precise and up-to-date information on the subject.