Eva Air Enhanced Economy Class

chutai

Is it any good ? I've had my fill of travelling economy to the LOS. Apart from EVA as per thread title the only other realistic options for me money-wise are either China Air Ist @ £1,000 or Ethiad @ £1,300. So your experience will be appreciated. Ta

Is it any good ? I've had my fill of travelling economy to the LOS. Apart from EVA as per thread title the only other realistic options for me money-wise are either China Air Ist @ £1,000 or Ethiad @ £1,300. So your experience will be appreciated. Ta

Worth every penny....... Bigger seat more leg room and all for only a few dollars more.

If you are on a 777 one of the new planes, to be honest the economy isn’t much different, the economy has a better seat layout, 3,3,3 so if you are in the middle isle you wont feel trapped like in enhanced 2,4,2. Also economy has the same in-flight entertainment system as enhanced apart from an extra film.

When EVA had the old planes, I always travelled ever green deluxe (Enhanced economy) It was much better than the economy on the same plane

But the 777 I find the difference in price does not give the difference in service, so now I fly economy.

If you fly with EVA become a member 100,000 miles flown and you get a free return 150,000 miles and you get a first class return free. Also when you get a gold card, Need to do 3 flights in one year (silver) then 4 flights one year (up grade gold), what ever class you are flying you can check in at the first class counter, also members lounge and board the plane first.

When EVA had the old planes, I always travelled ever green deluxe (Enhanced economy) It was much better than the economy on the same plane

But the 777 I find the difference in price does not give the difference in service, so now I fly economy.

That's interesting as I mistakenly thought that Ever Green and Enhanced Economy were the same thing, But if as you say that there's not much difference between EE and economy then that's worth considering. As only once did I travel economy on EVA (the old planes) and just thought it cheap and nasty - like a cattle truck for back-packers really. I presume that the newer planes must be better?

I did take-up membership with EVA and they still send me e-mails - in Taiwanese !!! I've never bothered to find a way to encode it into English 'cause I've almost always flown Thai before. But as I've said in the intro, I've had enugh of flying economy. Although Emirates do a free stop-over in Dubai which would break the journey if I did have to travel economy again.

Cheers

Its all about the seats for me.

Wider and with more legroom.

Check in early or get travel agent to select and you can avoid being in a row of 4 abreast.

Movies: Mostly crap and I sleep anyway.

Service: EVA is good all around and I don't need hot and cold running servants.

Food: Its an airline, what do you want?

The price variance from EVA for the upgraded ticket is pretty wide though. I remember checking 6 months ago and I could get a RT for about $900 and I just checked again recently and the cheapest I found was $1500. Could some of you relay the price you have paid for the economy plus tickets on EVA so we can get a ballpark figure?

That's interesting as I mistakenly thought that Ever Green and Enhanced Economy were the same thing, But if as you say that there's not much difference between EE and economy then that's worth considering. As only once did I travel economy on EVA (the old planes) and just thought it cheap and nasty - like a cattle truck for back-packers really. I presume that the newer planes must be better?

I did take-up membership with EVA and they still send me e-mails - in Taiwanese !!! I've never bothered to find a way to encode it into English 'cause I've almost always flown Thai before. But as I've said in the intro, I've had enugh of flying economy. Although Emirates do a free stop-over in Dubai which would break the journey if I did have to travel economy again.

Cheers

To put it another way, the economy in the new planes is much better than the old planes. The ever green deluxe seemed to me to be better than enhanced economy.

I always flew ever green. Gold card member have 250,000 miles collected in thier scheme, yet I wouldn’t pay to fly the new enhanced economy, the difference between the two classes is not as much. However if the cost of the seat is no problem, then why fly economy anyway

Cheers

To put it another way, the economy in the new planes is much better than the old planes. The ever green deluxe seemed to me to be better than enhanced economy.

I always flew ever green. Gold card member have 250,000 miles collected in thier scheme, yet I wouldn’t pay to fly the new enhanced economy, the difference between the two classes is not as much. However if the cost of the seat is no problem, then why fly economy anyway

Do they fly to Manchester for one please

Do they fly to Amsterdam as an alternative.

Any idea on the Evergreen deluxe charges as a guide please when i go to book.

marshbags :o

London to BKK approx 900 quid + tax. thats searching on next august. Flying on new years eve for example with 1 month ticket is 730 pound

My wife got a return (in may) for 1,000 quid, in super business, then got upgraded to super first. The good thing about evergreen delux, is that whatever member you are, EVA, are almost always fully booked and there is always chasnce of an up-grade.

Tip: If you are a member, and are looking for an upgrade. always ask at the ticket counter. It makes their job easier on who to choose, and they will tell you straight away what the chances are.A couple of times i've been told " OK you can have an up-grade"

London to BKK approx 900 quid + tax. thats searching on next august. Flying on new years eve for example with 1 month ticket is 730 pound

My wife got a return (in may) for 1,000 quid, in super business, then got upgraded to super first. The good thing about evergreen delux, is that whatever member you are, EVA, are almost always fully booked and there is always chasnce of an up-grade.

Tip: If you are a member, and are looking for an upgrade. always ask at the ticket counter. It makes their job easier on who to choose, and they will tell you straight away what the chances are.A couple of times i've been told " OK you can have an up-grade"

Thanks to you both for the info.

Finally did a recce yesterday for Eva delux.

The quote was very reasonably priced and only 9K more than flying economy with China Air.

Can you reserve your seat when purchasing your ticket please ? and do you check in with the economy queue or upgrade section ?

I forgot to ask about these 2 Points, due to being sidetracked.

The owner got on about the new airport and she wasn,t impressed at all.

I was took back with her comments when asking about it bearing in mind her affiliations to TRT.

She launched straight into the politcal side of things.

At the top of her vioce she said Thaksin had ruined Thailands image with all the corruption involved and the lack of facilities, toilets in particular and the food / rest area on floor 3.

Only 6 urinals in each of the limited mens and 4 in the ladies they used.

The food was Pang mak mak and not very good at all.

She also thought it better to wait a few months before using the airport unless it was essential.

Regarding the question i asked in a previous forum about transfer of luggage.

She told me you arrive on level 2 and then have to lug it up to level 4.

I mentioned that this was amazing for a new / modern airport.

I said i fly from my local airport which is smaller than Udon but book all the way through, no problem.

Her reply was " it,s a new airport with the old facilites from D.Maung.

She also said there was yet another technical problem in arrivals which had just come to her attention.

I could see she was genuinely upset and annoyed about the " premature opening " and even more amazing she was slagging her mentor, Thaksin off and had obviously changed her previous, " He is very good for Thai business and Thailand " scenario.

Going back on Topic if this is considered off, is there any more useful advice you can pass on please. :o

I,ll be flying via Amsterdam by the way.

Thanks again marshbags

Edited by marshbags

[

The owner got on about the new airport and she wasn,t impressed at all.

I was took back with her comments when asking about it bearing in mind her affiliations to TRT.

She launched straight into the politcal side of things.

At the top of her vioce she said Thaksin had ruined Thailands image with all the corruption involved and the lack of facilities, toilets in particular and the food / rest area on floor 3.

Only 6 urinals in each of the limited mens and 4 in the ladies they used.

The food was Pang mak mak and not very good at all.

She also thought it better to wait a few months before using the airport unless it was essential.

Regarding the question i asked in a previous forum about transfer of luggage.

She told me you arrive on level 2 and then have to lug it up to level 4.

I mentioned that this was amazing for a new / modern airport.

I said i fly from my local airport which is smaller than Udon but book all the way through, no problem.

Her reply was " it,s a new airport with the old facilites from D.Maung.

She also said there was yet another technical problem in arrivals which had just come to her attention.

I could see she was genuinely upset and annoyed about the " premature opening " and even more amazing she was slagging her mentor, Thaksin off and had obviously changed her previous, " He is very good for Thai business and Thailand " scenario.

Going back on Topic if this is considered off, is there any more useful advice you can pass on please. :o

I,ll be flying via Amsterdam by the way.

Thanks again marshbags

Hi, I used the new airport in October, about 10 days after it had opened, did seem to be a bit of chaos, lots of handwritten direction signs, lots of people in lumi jackets, with clipboards and radios, happily answering questions from passengers, pointing them towards the right (wrong) way.....

With regards to check-in, baggage transfer, this trip over I flew Eva Air from London to Bangkok then a local (Air Asia) flight to Phuket. Because the internal flight was an 'Economy Airline - (similar to Easyjet / RyanAir) they could not transfer the luggage via their sophisticated systems so I had to wait in baggage reclaim and then run like crazy to the check-in / departures for the domestic flight....

However, my return flight was with Bangkok AIrways from Phuket to Bangkok, then Eva Air return to London, simply checked in at Phuket, showed them the Bangkok Air ticket, showed them my Eva ticket, they checked my luggage for the entire journey.... simply trot over to immigration, paid my 500Bht..... then boarded, knowing that my bags would be arriving in 'Old Blighty' without me having to collect/transfer myself....

If you have an ongoing/domestic flight and it's not Air Asia, Nok Airways or some other 'Economy Airline' then ask when you check in in Amsetdam whether you can check luggage right through to your final destination....

If not...., then yes you will have to wait in baggage reclaim, then hurl like crazy up two sets of escalators, be directed by a 'lumi vest, clipboard carrying walkie talkie holding' member of airport staff to the required section...

Just a warning though, I was told section C and given directions by the staff, only to hit a kind of cross-road with section C pointing both left and right.... I asked another member of staff, showed him my boarding card... he told me left.... I ran like forest gump (literally had minutes for my flight..), sidestepping the stragglers, got to the boarding area in section C to be told its the other section C..... then need to run like the wind to get to other side.....

But, apart from that, the airport is very nice.......

Well it will be when they've finished it....

Good luck

Edited by M13UGS

The price variance from EVA for the upgraded ticket is pretty wide though. I remember checking 6 months ago and I could get a RT for about $900 and I just checked again recently and the cheapest I found was $1500. Could some of you relay the price you have paid for the economy plus tickets on EVA so we can get a ballpark figure?

Morning, as far as I know the enhanced service is now called Elite Class and there is a limited promo fare of about 34500 Baht plus taxes etc, which is I reckon 950 US. Hope this helps, it is my trade too so shout anytime

Morning, as far as I know the enhanced service is now called Elite Class and there is a limited promo fare of about 34500 Baht plus taxes etc, which is I reckon 950 US. Hope this helps, it is my trade too so shout anytime

Any more info on this new service please and does it apply to all destinations.

How far ahead can you book ?

In my case Amsterdam

Many thanks for this tip off relating to the promotion by the way.

I " APPOLOGISE " for adding comments from my travel agent relating to the airport.

I noted the forum for the new airport in the scroll back on posts while off air, and, on reflection, i should have posted that section in there as it has nothing to do with this thread relating to EVA AIR.

Sorry to Chutai and all posters.

marshbags :o and :D

Edited by marshbags

I " APPOLOGISE " for adding comments from my travel agent relating to the airport.

Hijacker!!! :o

I'm pretty sure that you can book almost a year in advance. But I think that you'd have to fly from London Heathrow of course. Anyway here's the EVA website. Although it sometimes fails to deliver properly. But there's also a list of European booking offices somewhere in there too.

http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/english/

Hijacker!!! :D

I'm pretty sure that you can book almost a year in advance. But I think that you'd have to fly from London Heathrow of course. Anyway here's the EVA website. Although it sometimes fails to deliver properly. But there's also a list of European booking offices somewhere in there too.

http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/english/

Thanks for your understanding Chutai and also the additional info and website. :D

marshbags :o:D:D

P.S.

Yet another intentional spelling mistake on my part....................i " apologise " ha ha haaaaaaaa

Edited by marshbags

Evergreen Deluxe Class service = Boeing 747 = older planes

Elite Class service = Boeing 777 = newer planes

777 Elite Class is available on London <-> Bangkok and

Los Angeles <-> Taipei <-> Bangkok. All other routes are 747 Evergreen Deluxe at this time. EVA does not guarantee this, of course.

I agree with other poster who prefers Evergreen Deluxe on 747 and regular economy on 777.

Seat selection: available on line 100 days (exactly, to the minute) before your flight segment.

• 1 month later...

I will be booking Eva E.Delux / elite ? shortly. B.Kok / Amsterdam /

Some further ?,s if possible.

1) Do you get to check in seperately from the economy class and therefore can allow a bit more time getting to check in ?

2) What are the weight allowances for ( a ) carry on and ( b ) hold baggage please and possible flexibiblity if any ?

3) Can you reserve your seat when booking at the travel agents or do you have to go online after getting a confirmation code to do this ?

What,s your favourite seating preference / recommendation please ?

Thanks in advance for the possible help and patience / understanding for what is a frequently posted topic baring in mind any possible changes at the present time / updates. :D

P.S.

I,ve been quoted 58,500 which includes an ongoing flight to my local U.K. airport from Ams. ( 35,800 + 22,700 baht )

Thai Udon / Bangkok is 6,200 baht aprox on top at the time of todays posting.

I do have a visa credit card but am always hesitant on security issues out here and have paid cash up to now to be on the safe side from travellers cheques. ( sterling pounds )

Is this still a reasonable way to go or am i being an over cautious old git..... :o

marshbags :D :D :D

Edited by marshbags

Marshbags..... have a look at this site http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Eva_Airways/information.php

You will however need to know which aircraft type you will be flying on to get the actual layout.

Thanks Tolsti for a great informative site, which has given me most of the answers :o

I,ve tried googling and looked at several sites but couldn,t pin the exact information i was after down.

I should be on a 747 thanks to info from Bobber46, but can confirm it after booking in just in case

The only thing i couldn,t find was on the question about seperate check in for E.Deluxe from economy on the various web sites.

Also of course any seating recommendations when reserving which is a personal thing via experience and not accessable until you actually purchase your ticket and reference no.

( 747 / 777 just in case it,s one or the other. )

Any other personal advice / updates would be appreciated by anyone who may have flown recently and appreciated by other members as well of course.

marshbags :D

Edited by marshbags

I think it's well worth the extra money and apparently so do a lot of other people. My last two flights, I have been unable to reserve a seat. They were fully booked and that was two months prior to my flight.

Marshbags..... have a look at this site http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Eva_Airways/information.php

You will however need to know which aircraft type you will be flying on to get the actual layout.

Thanks Tolsti for a great informative site, which has given me most of the answers :o

I,ve tried googling and looked at several sites but couldn,t pin the exact information i was after down.

I should be on a 747 thanks to info from Bobber46, but can confirm it after booking in just in case

The only thing i couldn,t find was on the question about seperate check in for E.Deluxe from economy on the various web sites.

Also of course any seating recommendations when reserving which is a personal thing via experience and not accessable until you actually purchase your ticket and reference no.

( 747 / 777 just in case it,s one or the other. )

Any other personal advice / updates would be appreciated by anyone who may have flown recently and appreciated by other members as well of course.

marshbags :D

I'm not able to provide anymore info I'm afraid Marshbags as I've not flown with Eva.... I always use Etihad (just booked again for May) and I find them superb.