Their Majesties the King and Queen express sorrow for terror attack in Nice

rooster59

Their Majesties the King and Queen express sorrow for terror attack in Nice

post-247607-0-67153500-1468618758_thumb.

BANGKOK: Their Majesties the King and Queen on Friday sent a letter of condolence to French President Francois Hollande for the deaths and injuries from the terror attack in Nice on Thursday night which left at least 84 people killed and over 100 injured.

The letter of condolence reads: “I and the Queen wish to express our heart-felt sorrow to you and the victims for the loss in this serious incident.”

post-247607-0-75873900-1468618785_thumb.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/172739-2/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-07-16

Appropriate, well done. Why didn't this come from the almighty PM?

Because it is normally the Head of State that sends condolences to a foreign president or monarch.

The British PM as well as the Queen both send messages of condolance. Depends on where your normality comes from.

Because it is normally the Head of State that sends condolences to a foreign president or monarch.

The British PM as well as the Queen both send messages of condolance. Depends on where your normality comes from.

No messages to Turkey I notice...

Big surprise there...

Winnie

"The letter of condolence reads: “I and the Queen wish to express our heart-felt sorrow to you and the victims for the loss in this serious incident.”

No it does not.

It seems you read Thai rather better than I do, which wouldn't be hard since I don't read tired all. What does it say?

Winnie

"The letter of condolence reads: “I and the Queen wish to express our heart-felt sorrow to you and the victims for the loss in this serious incident.”

No it does not.

It seems you read Thai rather better than I do, which wouldn't be hard since I don't read tired all. What does it say?

Winnie

Hello Winnie,

If you look at the letter, it is in both Thai and English.

Th English is correct in the letter but the Thai PBS article uses incorrect English.

"The Queen and I" not "I and the Queen".

I was just being vague. :)

No it does not.

Winnie

Hello Winnie,

If you look at the letter, it is in both Thai and English.

Th English is correct in the letter but the Thai PBS article uses incorrect English.

"The Queen and I" not "I and the Queen".

I was just being vague. smile.png

Cheers.

Winnie

Big surprise there...

Winnie

Who would you send a message too ? There were no messages sent out to Syria's leader when he decided to kill thousands of his own people either.

Big surprise there...

Winnie

Who would you send a message too ? There were no messages sent out to Syria's leader when he decided to kill thousands of his own people either.

Or the Prime Minister of Thailand when the 'Royal' Thai Army' gunned down defenceless and unarmed Thais.

'It's an odd world sometimes.

A letter to the President Mr Erdogan regretting the attempted coup d'etat... Oh yes, I see the problem with that...

Winnie