Immigration Volunteers

Why so many immigration volunteers in Phuket and Pattaya when there are non in Bangkok? Especially Phuket must have ten. And what's there real purpose? They don't do any visas or extensions. So are they just there to show you where to line up and get your forms or?

Why so many immigration volunteers in Phuket and Pattaya when there are non in Bangkok? Especially Phuket must have ten. And what's there real purpose? They don't do any visas or extensions. So are they just there to show you where to line up and get your forms or?

I have seen many volunteers in Bangkok Immigration. They often work on the side where they give out the tourist visas. You won't see them on the side where they do the non B or non O

In Chiangmai, they are college seniors majoring in a foreign language or allied study on work internship programs for one semester/term. It is a formal program with reports to be submitted.

• Like 1

I have seen many volunteers in Bangkok Immigration. They often work on the side where they give out the tourist visas. You won't see them on the side where they do the non B or non O

You must not of been at immigration since immigration does not issue tourist visas.

I have never seen any post about there being non Thai volunteers at Bangkok immigration.

I suspect poster was talking about interns that do indeed work at Chiang Watanna but not in the B/O extension of stay section. Have seen them in the 90 day reporting and suspect they may help in the 30 day extension areas. But I have never seen foreigners - only Thai interns.

You must not of been at immigration since immigration does not issue tourist visas.

I have never seen any post about there being non Thai volunteers at Bangkok immigration.

It's pretty clear to me that he must've been talking about the section where they do tourist visa and exempt entry extensions.

I don't belive anything that you wrote here. Many Volunteers in the Bangkok Immigration !! And they are issuing tourist visas !!!! No way

It's pretty clear to me that he must've been talking about the section where they do tourist visa and exempt entry extensions.

Perhaps but his post was sill incorrect. If I did not correct him we might have people asking about applying for tourist visas at immigration.

• Like 1

I suspect poster was talking about interns that do indeed work at Chiang Watanna but not in the B/O extension of stay section. Have seen them in the 90 day reporting and suspect they may help in the 30 day extension areas. But I have never seen foreigners - only Thai interns.

The same for me. I have never seen any foreigners as volunteers in Bangkok

Same, Same in KK

I don't belive anything that you wrote here. Many Volunteers in the Bangkok Immigration !! And they are issuing tourist visas !!!! No way

Your op asks about "volunteers". Perhaps you meant to say "foreign volunteers".

As Lopburi3 says, there are volunteers (Thai interns) at CW. Also at Suvarnabhumi. But they are not foreigners.

"They often work on the side where they give out the tourist visas. "

Tourist visas are "given out" at Thai embassies or consulates, all of which are outside Thailand, not at any immigrations office.

People often provide incorrect information or use terms incorrectly and state "everyone knows what I mean," but there are people reading these threads who are quite clearly confused about where and what to do and this only adds to their confusion.

Just out of curiosity..... and I don't expect to do it....but how does one become a volunteer at CW immigration?

I've never seen a foreigner there either.

Safe to assume they also get work permits or whatever the term is for volunteers?

Only Phuket has a official Immigration foreign volunteers program.

BKK has only Thai interns from school projects. (same as at Phuket, Pattaya and most government institutions)

Pattaya does not have foreign volunteers but i believe that the UK consul did some volunteering at the immigration office.