Photo for the new Personal Information Form at Phuket Immigration

agogohome

Yes you need it. I buy my photos by the dozen (12). You always need them for each country

in Asia so I have them on file so to speak. 150 baht for 12 so not expensive. I am sure people

know cheaper places but I get all my photos, photocopies, and printing done at the same

place and I am a creature of habit. wink.png

I did mine recently no photo was required! It seems this form will need to be completed on every visit, what a joke!

I did my 90 day reporting a couple of days ago and picked up the new form - but nobody asked me for it

Think I'll also give the photo a miss next month and see what happens. Thanks smile.png

On Thursday last I did my 90 day report at Phitsanulok. Passport through scanner and printout new receipt with new date in October.

I was handed one of these information forms and filled in as much as I could re addresses here and there etc. I signed it, no photo, handed it back to the young lady behind the desk and she just placed it on a pile without so much as a glance.

I think they are just going through the motions to keep the guys, with heavy metal on their shirts, happy. I suspect its not worth the paper it is printed on, since most of the important details about me and my passport are all in their computer files.

The people at the office are caught in the middle. They are grateful you just do the basics and do not make trouble for them. Just basics, cross/strike the blanks you leave, sign. Picture? Most of what you give them they already know.. Toss a bit in if you wish. Do not get too serious. YET. I initially refused but did this actually for the officers sake. Were gratefull. Make copy .

If its any help.When i went to Khon Kaen to do my extention.The ladygave me the form for the next time i renew the retirement.She said i would need a photo.She took the photo there and then(100 b for 4) so i wouls assume that in Khon kaen a photo is needed.

When the op goes to the immigration office,he can ask then.If one is needed they can do it on the spot.

I hope this has been helpful.

I did 30 day extension today. First time I had to fill the 2nd form.

- Not all details has to be filled (the immigration volunteers ticks the sections)

- Photo was required for the 30 day extension, no extra photo was required in this case for the 2nd form

- Immigration volunteer advised to fill the form for the first time, then make a copy out of it, and present the copy for the immigration officials. Copy is ok.

- The 2nd form will be asked to be filled every time in the future. Therefore offering the copy of the original will save a lot of time. This seems to apply to any situation. Also doing the 90-day reporting.

Seriously nice and helpful guys working as volunteers at the Phuket town immigration today. If you are reading this, thank you for helping us and making things smooth for us!

- Bring your own pen. It makes things faster. The photocopy place sells pens for 10B, but all they had was 'Mai mii', when I asked to buy one in the afternoon.

- The whole process took me a bit less than an hour. I don't do passport copies in advance, which would have saved me a bit of queue time. Also today was the first day the immigration was open after the holidays.

I did my annual marriage extension a couple of weeks back. I was handed the form by the immigration volunteer.

I filled in the basic info (name, address, father's name, mother's name etc.) I left the rest blank, no photo. I handed it in and no-one even glanced at it.

I got the impression that the Thai Immigration Officers think it's waste of time too.

Just fill in the bare minimum with info that they already have. Nothing to worry about as far as I can see.

i have just renewed my non o visa and work permit at the one stop and go place on Bangkok I was asked to complete one of the new forms there it had my photo on it att by the agent my company uses some of the stuff I did not fill in just put N/A when I gave them back the form I was asked to sign next to where I had put N/A this whole operation only took about 1 hour quite good I thought

I got the same form today as in the OP at Phuket - same blotches, same photocopier created artefacts. Filled in the various sections indicated by the foreign volunteer (Aussie). The longest wait was for the photocopying of my passport picture page.

When will I ever learn to take copies with me? facepalm.gif