Expat night out

sonnymall

Pass….I have a great time flying solo in my nightly excursions…..wing men always weigh you down and are a distraction in the hunt.

By the lack of response, I think "Sonnymall" will be flying solo to his Country Road pub too lol.

Edited by bbi1

Country Road??

If he means the one on Soi Cowboy, I would die before I associated with any "expat" who goes there

LOL.

It's ok if you like to play pool.

Be careful with spirits in that bar.

There is a tendency towards the lower end of the spectrum...personally I dont use it but if I did I'd stick to bottled beer.

I can't think of one TV member that would like to meet another. It is what it is and the TV lounge failed horribly because of this.

Many of us have become discerning regarding meeting members based upon experience.

We are also wary of bars promoted here for similar reason.

I can't think of one TV member that would like to meet another. It is what it is and the TV lounge failed horribly because of this.

The concept of a Thaivisa Lounge may have failed horribly but the bar itself didn't, the Thaivisa Lounge being nothing more than an additional sign on the side of the long-established, and previously very successful, New Wave bar.

There was a short-lived business relationship between the owners of New Wave and the parsimonius Thaivisa owners who introduced as customers some of the kind of people that are frequently found here. Unsurprisingly, a number of them were asked by the management to leave and not to return.

After the expiration of the arrangement, New Wave removed the Thaivisa signage and continued until the end of last year when the landlord's excessive demand from for tripled rent persuaded NW's owners to look elsewhere for premises.

I always wondered what happened to that bar. I had this vision of people turning up with a passport and visa extension form filled only to see it was a bar

In the end all the bars in that soi shutdown when they ripped down the open air restaurants across the road.

The concept of a Thaivisa Lounge may have failed horribly but the bar itself didn't, the Thaivisa Lounge being nothing more than an additional sign on the side of the long-established, and previously very successful, New Wave bar.

There was a short-lived business relationship between the owners of New Wave and the parsimonius Thaivisa owners who introduced as customers some of the kind of people that are frequently found here. Unsurprisingly, a number of them were asked by the management to leave and not to return.

After the expiration of the arrangement, New Wave removed the Thaivisa signage and continued until the end of last year when the landlord's excessive demand from for tripled rent persuaded NW's owners to look elsewhere for premises.

New Wave was great in the old location before it was reduced to rubble. Always lively and some stunning promo girls but sadly full of buffoons playing pool all night, getting fleeced for drinks by the assembled dirtbags....could be funny to watch though....especially when some 'ten bob millionaire' on holiday got his bill to realise that the lasses he'd been buying drinks for all night, weren't going to be chipping in with a few baht, and had slipped off to find a new mug at a different pool table....

The new location never held up to the old one. I'd take either over the ghastly Country Road any day though.

New Wave would have done well to try and replicate what they had previously instead of the 'lounge bar' idea....

Edited by Merylhighground

Many of us have become discerning regarding meeting members based upon experience.

We are also wary of bars promoted here for similar reason.

Us Spurs supporters are a discerning bunch.