Too sick to travel

I have a one year "marriage visa" from Savannakhet and my 90 day period expires on the coming Saturday so I have to leave Thailand. The problem is I'm too sick to travel even though I'm not an inpatient. I have a medical certificate from Bangkok Pattaya Hospital that confirms this.

Will Immigration accept this and give me some kind of extension?

Edited by Becker

You probably could get the extension for medical care as long as the paperwork from the doctor/hospital states you cannot travel. I think the hospital can do the extension for you.

You could also apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife. She would need to be with you when you apply.

You can get up to 90 days with a letter from the hospital saying that you cannot travel.

--------------------------------

he will probably show up while I'm typing.

Anyhow I myself have seen that sign in CW.

You will need to present a signed doctors no-travel request for a extension of stay.

There is an office there that handles medical extensions.....but they want to see a signed document from a doctor.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

You can get up to 90 days with a letter from the hospital saying that you cannot travel.

--------------------------------

he will probably show up while I'm typing.

Anyhow I myself have seen that sign in CW.

You will need to present a signed doctors no-travel request for a extension of stay.

There is an office there that handles medical extensions.....but they want to see a signed document from a doctor.

I have a medical certificate (both in Thai and English) stating that I am unfit to travel and it is signed and stamped, so hopefully I am OK.

FYI, this request to Immigration for an extension of stay based on medical circumstances MUST be done prior to expiration of your current permit of stay, otherwise you will be on Overstay. The doctor's letter cannot be presented to Immigration as an excuse for overstay.

Mac

Thanks for the heads-up. In the passport it says admitted until 23/7. I will go to immigration tomorrow so should be OK.

Just out of curiosity, when admitted until 23/7 does one have to stamp on the 22nd at the latest or the 23rd?

Edited by Becker

FYI, this request to Immigration for an extension of stay based on medical circumstances MUST be done prior to expiration of your current permit of stay, otherwise you will be on Overstay. The doctor's letter cannot be presented to Immigration as an excuse for overstay.

Mac

Thanks for the heads-up. In the passport it says admitted until 23/7. I will go to immigration tomorrow so should be OK.

Just out of curiosity, when admitted until 23/7 does one have to stamp on the 22nd at the latest or the 23rd?

The 23rd is your last day. Since it is on Saturday you could apply for the extension on Monday and not be fined for a overstay because the office is closed on your last day.

Mac

The 23rd is your last day. Since it is on Saturday you could apply for the extension on Monday and not be fined for a overstay because the office is closed on your last day.

Interesting, so a similar type of stamp with the date of fri. 12th August 2016 ( red day on the calendar, imm shut ) would translate into a date of mon. 15 August ?

Mac

Interesting, so a similar type of stamp with the date of fri. 12th August 2016 ( red day on the calendar, imm shut ) would translate into a date of mon. 15 August ?

It would be possible like you describe, Or even better this week. If a persons permit to stay date was from the 16th to today they could go tomorrow and not pay an overstay fine, But it they went on Friday they would pay a fine for every day they are late.

• Like 1