Logical explanation requested ….

tandor

Friend of wife has coffee shop with selection of music ...she has (source not known whether copied or original) all on a USB stick.

I tried to play it on my PC but can't find it on the stick..wife standing next to me at PC..talking about it..i explained maybe because a copy, don't know why I can't play it...blah..blah ..went the conversation.

Took the stick out of my PC handed it to her.

She took it back to coffee shop friend, put it in her stereo and lo and behold the short conversation I had with wife is plainly heard in the background of the music....hmmm!

Can anyone explain this phenomena please?

Unless I've completely misread the post, the issue is NOT that it wouldn't play on his PC but rather a recording of the conversation with his wife appears to have been superimposed onto the original???

behold the short conversation I had with wife is plainly heard in the background of the music....hmmm!

A karaoke stick?

A secret super surveillance spy stick more like.

How was that for a piece of alliteration?

Probably a file format that is not recognized or a formatting problem with the USB stick that is only for use with the stereo system.

..ok that accounts for not being able to play it..but how did our voices get over the music?

Did you hear this phenomenon for yourself? Or is it possible there's been a misunderstanding of some kind?

...no mistake...I went to the coffee shop later and heard it for myself..weird I can tell you...we put the stick in and out of the stereo unit a few times and each time it played the voice over..so it appears to be there to stay!

Can't find it on the stick.

Do you see anything on the stick or is it plain blank or do you see directories?

..there's quite a few files on the stick including documents, pictures and music..i assumed that was the intended music..but when you click on it..wont open or play.

Do you see anything on the stick or is it plain blank or do you see directories?

..there's quite a few files on the stick including documents, pictures and music..the file is there with the intended music..but when you click on it..wont play.

What kind of file is it?

..there's quite a few files on the stick including documents, pictures and music..the file is there with the intended music..but when you click on it..wont play.

What kind of file is it?

..no idea sorry..the stick isn't with me..thanks anyway.

behold the short conversation I had with wife is plainly heard in the background of the music....hmmm!

A karaoke stick?

A secret super surveillance spy stick more like.

How was that for a piece of alliteration?

...perfect explanation..case closed...next

..sorry stick not with me..i should have taken more notice..there was a folder Music but nothing in it...later I was present when she put the stick in the stereo player and played it with our voices softly in the background of the music..all I can offer..i will get the stick back and give you more info if its worth the trouble..what you think!

Trying playing the songs using VLC. Make sure all formats are selected in thee preferences for audio though. If that software cant play it then I definitely give up

..I tried VLC media player..it couldn't find the file...thanks

Trying playing the songs using VLC. Make sure all formats are selected in thee preferences for audio though. If that software cant play it then I definitely give up

In that case the files must require something that is built into the machine that it comes from. VLC can play all legit formats so if you had no luck with that I suggest you scrap it.

Make sure you thoroughly check your computer by running anti malware and virus software

"It couldn't find the file"? You're the one who's got to open the file with the VLC player. You might try GOM player as well.

"It couldn't find the file"? You're the one who's got to open the file with the VLC player. You might try GOM player as well.

...my words are getting twisted all out of proportion here....I said I have tried to open the MUSIC file in the USB stick..by right clicking and selecting OPEN with VLC (I also tried GOM)...both software programmes were not able to locate the music file...thanks.

Realize you don't have the stick at hand, but would be interested to know if the files in the MUSIC folder are MP3, MP4 or a mix of both.

The thing about your voices being recorded and playing at the same time as the music, is very odd.

I pulled the USB music stick out of my car stereo system a while back and transferred some songs onto my mate's laptop running Win8 or 8.1. Plugged it back into the car afterward- wouldn't work. Didn't recognize the file format, but the stick would play on my computer at home (Win7). Reformatted the stick and reloaded the same music onto it, still wouldn't work in the car. Finally bought a new USB stick, loaded the same music from same back up copy on my Win7 computer, and it worked in the car.

Realize you don't have the stick at hand, but would be interested to know if the files in the MUSIC folder are MP3, MP4 or a mix of both.

The thing about your voices being recorded and playing at the same time as the music, is very odd.

I pulled the USB music stick out of my car stereo system a while back and transferred some songs onto my mate's laptop running Win8 or 8.1. Plugged it back into the car afterward- wouldn't work. Didn't recognize the file format, but the stick would play on my computer at home (Win7). Reformatted the stick and reloaded the same music onto it, still wouldn't work in the car. Finally bought a new USB stick, loaded the same music from same back up copy on my Win7 computer, and it worked in the car.

...I will see if I can borrow again or determine MP3/4...thanks for suggestion.

Archived