Good Camera Repair Shop?

craigt3365

I've got a Sony DSC RX100 compact digital camera. Lovely camera, but got some dust on the sensor. I had it repaired at an official Sony repair shop and it was ok. For about a week.

It started acting up and now won't fully extend nor retract the lens. I've tried everything. Read lots of stuff on the Internet. No luck. It wasn't dropped.

So, would love to know if there is a good shop in town or maybe better to take to Bangkok?

Thanks!

I dont know of any other shops but I would be inclined to take it back to Sony as it seems likely that whatever they did caused the second fault. If so they should fix it for free. But I can appreciate that you may want to avoid them!

There seems to be a known lens fault that can be fixed by removing the battery and resetting the camera.

I also found this that might be worth looking at: http://www.justanswer.com/video-camera-repair/7khhr-lens-sony-dsc-rx100-will-not-open-taking.html

And several other similar-sounding problems here: https://www.google.co.th/search?q=DSC+RX100+lens+wont+extend

Good luck.

I was on an extended trip through Central Asia and had it repaired in Baku. It's 4 years old, so out of warranty. Sadly! About $80!

I've seen all those articles. Thanks! Nothing has worked so far. The lens just goes in and out a bit when turned on. Bummer!

Try contacting AV camera in BKK, they are a really good camera shop but I don't know if they do repairs themselves. If your rx100 is 4 years old, perhaps consider buying a new one. I have a rx100 mk3 and love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try contacting AV camera in BKK, they are a really good camera shop but I don't know if they do repairs themselves. If your rx100 is 4 years old, perhaps consider buying a new one. I have a rx100 mk3 and love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure I want to shell out 25k Baht for another camera! 55555

I love the camera. It would be great if I could fix it for a few thousand Baht or so.

Sadly, I had to buy another camera in a very small town in Georgia. Very limited selection. An ok Sony which cost me about $300.

Archived