TEFL Certification (Online)

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone has ever done an online TEFL certification? Does anyone has any recommendations? I am looking to do TEFL certification, there is a course in Chiang Mai University but:

1. My school does not want to give me the time required for this course.

2. At 5x,xxx THB it seem quite expensive.

It would be great if I could do it online, any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Online certificates are not typically accepted. Having a TEFL certificate doesn't get you higher salary or better jobs in Thailand. Personally, I don't get as much from an online course as I do in class, so if it is for knowledge and professional development just wait and do a live course. The PGCEI is only 5k USD and that will get your licensed in Thailand and open doors to international school jobs.

If you heart is set on an online course, don't use a provider from Thailand. There are some US based ones that are only 300-500 dollars.

If you are from the US you could do the "Teacher Ready" program out of Florida which gives you a teachers license from the state of Florida after you pass the Praxis exams. It also is about 5k USD.

These two options open more doors than TEFL certificates and can lead to better jobs teaching subject matter at International schools or home country teaching jobs.

Archived