Eating Chicken

So is it safe to eat chicken yet? Has Thailand been officially declared free of bird flu?

We laid off eating chicken, as I'm sure most people did. Just wondering what the current situation is.

Any stories out there of chickens/birds/ducks still dying en masse?

Most restaurants have it back on their menus, but with SARS making a comeback, just wondering if bird flu has REALLY been stamped out or if it is still lurking around.

bodypaul, not sure if u are confused - but the 2 diseases are totally unrelated.

I was simply using the recurrence of SARS in the last few days as an example of a disease not fully eradicated and wondering what the TRUE status of birdflu is.

FWIW birdflu is not only transmitted by live birds.

bodypaul, not sure if u are confused - but the 2 diseases are totally unrelated.

I was simply using the recurrence of SARS in the last few days as an example of a disease not fully eradicated and wondering what the TRUE status of birdflu is.

FWIW birdflu is not only transmitted by live birds.

According to Thaksin it is fine ( always was ) :o

Bird Flu is not something thats transmitted from eating cooked chicken.

Heres a quote from the World Health Organisation (WHO)

The virus is killed by heat (56 degrees C for 3 hours or 60 degrees C for 30 minutes) and common disinfectants, such as fomalin and iodine compounds.

Under the heading "What are the control measures in birds?"

Full report can be found Here

So basically its always been fine to eat well cooked chicken, eggs etc.

In answer to your question, I've not read of any mass deaths or culling for quite some time, nor have i read anything about people dieing from chicken flu. Last Thailand reporting of bird flu was Jan 23rd (or something like that, its on the website i've linked to above... go look yourself :o )

Hope that helps

Guest chingy

i accidently ate a chicken sandwhich the other day, and it was the best chicken sandwhich i ever ate since a couple of month ago.

• 4 weeks later...