Passenger van drivers seek Thai military help

webfact

Not defending the controller but it struck me as entertaining that a group of people come forward to complain that they have been bribing a public official to allow them to get around the rules and then want the authorities to get the other party to adhere to his part of the corrupt deal. Shouldn't the whole lot of them be arrested.

Interesting comment.

Mafia in this or any industry is certainly not OK.

But here's another twist, I wonder how many of these same van drivers / operators:

- Drive way too fast every trip.

- Drive recklessly.

- Use their phone continuously while driving.

- Have fully up to date documents in regard to the registration & road tax for the vehicle (therefore have or don't have the compulsory insurance coverage), and have a current applicable driving license.

- Abuse their passengers if passengers mentions anything about speed etc.

- Don't attend to proper daily / regular maintenance of their vehicle.

- Have refused in the past to stop double parking, refused to operate from locations designated by the authorities.

etc...

We shall now see if the military are willing and brave enough to identify and control this out-of-control controller.

35 vans at B300,000 each plus a monthly fee of B5400 each and another B180 per day (B5400/month)

Someone's making a fine living out of these guys.

Just for this moment I have sympathy for the van drivers.

quite a price to pay for the van operation.

i feel we should only sympathise with the van drivers after

hearing the story from the other side.

is it private parking space that is being provided?

Would I be right in saying, it looks like the underclass are beginning to get pissed-off with being screwed every which way and are now starting to ask questions and flex a little bit of muscle.

No chance.

I got a passenger van today and the driver went out of his way to get me to my destination. Instead of just dropping me off by the bus stop he took me all the way to my destination, half a mile away.

In my opinion the poor van drivers are feeling very tense with the spot light on them at the moment. Hasn't the country got more important issues to solve than passenger van transportation?

Just saying.