First Voa then tourist visa?

As they give limited tourist visas,and i would like to stay as long its possible.Would it better to arrive on a visa on arrival(30d) then get the extension(30d),after go to laos to get Setv.Will they count the Voa as a visa later when i apply for lets say my 3rd TR?

visa on arrival(30d) then get the extension(30d),

A visa on arrival is only available to a few nationalities and is not extendable.

You mean a visa exempt entry (i.e. no visa, just a permission to stay, which is extendable). It would give you a 30 day entry if you arrive by air. If you cross into Thailand at a land border, you get 30 days if you are from a G7 country or 15 days otherwise. In either case you can extend the entry for 30 days.

If you are in your home country or country of legal residence, you could apply for a multiple entry tourist visa to start off. It's good for unlimited entries for six months and would not negatively effect your ability to get additional SETVs at embassies or consulate in nearby countries. They only count how many visas have been given by them, not visas obtained elsewhere.

Edited by Suradit69

Can you change a ME Tourist visa to a ''Retirement" Visa?

You could change to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry based upon qualifying for an extension of stay based upon retirement up to the last 15 days of any of the 60 day entries from your multiple entry tourist visa at some immigration offices. Then during the last 30 days of that 90 day entry apply for the one year extension of stay based upon retirement at your local immigration office.

• Like 1