New beggar law to provide better protection for underprivileged, improve country’s image

rooster59

New beggar law to provide better protection for underprivileged, improve country’s image

Tanakorn Sangiam

post-247607-0-23783200-1469348612_thumb.

BANGKOK, 24 July 2016 (NNT) – The Department of Social Development and Welfare (DSDW) is set to gear up the regulation of beggars, adding that the new Beggars Regulation Act effective 28 August 2016 onwards will provide better help to the underprivileged and improve the country’s image.

The DSDW Deputy Director-General Kwanwong Pikulthong has said regarding Thailand’s effort to regulate beggars that the country is facing issues from human trafficking groups who take advantage of underprivileged people by involving them in beggary.

He has said since October 2016, the DSDW has been regulating beggars with 4,618 beggars registered to the authorities, 1,691 of which are foreign nationals from whom mostly are Cambodians at 80 percent.

The department is working with the authorities from their country of origin on the deportation of foreign beggars, and on measures to prevent them from having to return to beggary.

The new Beggars Regulation Act BE 2559, which is set to come into effect on 28 August 2016, will become an important tool to clearly distinct beggars and street performers, and truly provide protection to the underprivileged.

The DSDW deputy director-general has further said regarding street performers that this activity is not considered an offence according to the new law, though all street performers will be required to register themselves in accordance to their talents at the local DSDW offices.

Persons considered as receiving benefits from the act of beggary will face legal punishments which include 3 years imprisonment, 30,000 baht fine, or both. Persons who are involved in the importation of beggars into the kingdom or forcing persons to become beggars will face a jail term of 5 years or a fine of 50,000 baht.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-07-24 footer_n.gif

Are foreigners in front of a 7 Eleven with a swollen leg excluded? facepalm.gif

Persons considered as receiving benefits from the act of beggary will face legal punishments which include 3 years imprisonment, 30,000 baht fine, or both

Where can i apply for a Beggar's green card? Where do beggars get 30 K from? Aeeh, from customers of 7 Eleven, perhaps?

Edited by lostinisaan

So what am I going to do with these children and babies I have stolen and mutilated and use as sympathy items to make a baht

Let them sell chewing gum in walking street until they're old enough. ( Excuse me, but that's what they're doing with kids here).

P.S. Many of them are bought in Cambodia from parents who can't afford it to feed their kids...what a sad and sick world we're living in...)

Edited by lostinisaan

So what am I going to do with these children and babies I have stolen and mutilated and use as sympathy items to make a baht

That's one side to begging but not all beggars are con artists. This new law introduced on Thursday is wrong. I was taught at school to help those of us in need. Faith, hope and charity. Here in Thailand the child growing up is taught to love thy managy, flea bitten, rabied, soi dog and kick the mangy, flee bitten homeless beggar at the market up the bum.

"Look the other way, son" , "damn beggars" , "oww, poor little dog, are you hungry? Here's some chicken".

"Ow, filthy dog bit me", "Don't kick it son" , "Can I help you sir?" , "Get away from me you filthy beggar", " Police, arrest this beggar".

What is going on in Los?

And that photo of some fat old hiso in charge of doling out cash to the poor and needy. Love to see her on the street, no money, hustling her way through life in sh1t street. Bet she's popular in her neighbourhood.

"Run, it's her, Mr's Bucket, shut the gate son, get inside, turn off the lights".

"Phew"

Edited by Wilsonandson

That's one side to begging but not all beggars are con artists. This new law introduced on Thursday is wrong. I was taught at school to help those of us in need. Faith, hope and charity. Here in Thailand the child growing up is taught to love thy managy, flea bitten, rabied, soi dog and kick the mangy, flee bitten homeless beggar at the market up the bum.

"Look the other way, son" , "damn beggars" , "oww, poor little dog, are you hungry? Here's some chicken".

"Ow, filthy dog bit me", "Don't kick it son" , "Can I help you sir?" , "Get away from me you filthy beggar", " Police, arrest this beggar".

What is going on in Los?

And that photo of some fat old hiso in charge of doling out cash to the poor and needy. Love to see her on the street, no money, hustling her way through life in sh1t street. Bet she's popular in her neighbourhood.

"Run, it's her, Mr's Bucket, shut the gate son, get inside, turn off the lights".

"Phew"

The statistics don't show many jobless Thai, do they? Everything, and i really mean everything is changed in favor of the so proud Thais, that the poorest get hit with the shit all the fans produce.

And the country is full with shit hitting fans......

The fat one in the photo doesn't know what hunger is.

Edited by lostinisaan

Upart from not allowing them to earn a modest living, what a measure are they implementing to actually help them, talk is not a fix guys

Next step will be money from the German government after Thailand became part of the European Union. Merkel wouldn't get it.

begging is an age old issue.

it must have originated when disabled persons asked others to help

him.

thus span the wheel of begging which unfortunately has morphed into

syndicated operation in many countries.

sure begging is not good for the image of the country but there in

some cases extenuating circumstances where some people can only satisfy

their hunger through begging.

How will a convicted beggar pay his/her fine. By begging maybe?

Perhaps by "borrowing" money from an undercover beggar in a certain colored robe?

Would you really give the douche bag on the photo one baht?

How do people become beggars? The foreign beggars are more cheaters than the Thai counterparts.

How can a legless Thai beggar be not allowed to ask for a few baht? And I mean not those who only want some Lhao Khao.

There're some beggars who always walk along our rad in orange/safran clothes, does anybody know what number I have to call when I see them again?

post-158336-0-17529100-1469438368_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan

The end of begging in Thailand. The end of the sex industry in Thailand. The end of corrupt Taxi drivers charging to much, the end of van drivers at victory monument. The end of corrupt temples and monks. The end of opinions on politics. The end of a democratic society. The end of deck chairs on beaches. The end of bikinis. The end of the lottery mafia. The end of the motorcycle taxi mafia. The end of free speech. The end of human rights. The end of days. The end of an era.

The beginning of ?

The end of begging in Thailand. The end of the sex industry in Thailand. The end of corrupt Taxi drivers charging to much, the end of van drivers at victory monument. The end of corrupt temples and monks. The end of opinions on politics. The end of a democratic society. The end of deck chairs on beaches. The end of bikinis. The end of the lottery mafia. The end of the motorcycle taxi mafia. The end of free speech. The end of human rights. The end of days. The end of an era.

The beginning of ?

Yep! You've nailed it! thumbsup.gif

Add in the middle somewhere, "The end to throwing water during Songkran. The end to launching rockets at the Isaan rocket festivals. The end to Kom Fai lanterns during Loi Kratong. The end to street races. The end of street vendors. The end of unfettered access to micro-cap free market capitalism. The end of paper money, which in turn will make begging impossible, as the beggars and their benefactors can then be identified and duly punished. The end to all institutions and activities that make Thailand so uniquely 'Thailand'." ermm.gif

All to usher in the beginning of ?

Edited by connda

How will a convicted beggar pay his/her fine. By begging maybe?

Perhaps by "borrowing" money from an undercover beggar in a certain colored robe?

Would you really give the douche bag on the photo one baht?

How do people become beggars? The foreign beggars are more cheaters than the Thai counterparts.

How can a legless Thai beggar be not allowed to ask for a few baht? And I mean not those who only want some Lhao Khao.

There're some beggars who always walk along our rad in orange/safran clothes, does anybody know what number I have to call when I see them again?

The douche-chop farang in the football shirt could easily get home any number of ways. Including voluntary deportation. (He'd have to pay the airline later). A scummer scammer if ever I saw one.