Buy water softener ?

Farang two dot zero

I have never seen one in this country for a single family home, all are sold to big business, Industries which use a lot of water and the units are massive.

The one thing some people do is in line filters which can help.

good luck

Take a look at Home pro they have them. There are also water filter shops On Sukhumvit 100 meter past Index and another 2 just before the traffic lights of Nua, who also have them.

They use resin filter cartridges.

Take a look at Home pro they have them. There are also water filter shops On Sukhumvit 100 meter past Index and another 2 just before the traffic lights of Nua, who also have them.

Is it this shop https://goo.gl/maps/8Q5y4bdgxUu ?

Edited by Farang two dot zero

The ones I have in mind are larger than that, you install them between the line where the water enters the condo.

Is it this shop https://goo.gl/maps/8Q5y4bdgxUu ?

That's Boonthavorn, they may also have them,

The shops I'm talking about sell waterfilters only.

One called Pola, 100 meters befoe Boonthavorn, and the other 2 right before the traffic lights from Nua. One called Pure, the other one I don't know the name.

But at Home Pro they have several brands, so worth taking a look there.

What you looking at is something like this with a Resin cartridge. They have them at home pro in bigger size, but I can't find a picture of it since i forget the brandname. They are cubes and you just link as many cubes as you want, and put the cartridge in it that you need. For removing calcium you need Resin, for cleaning the water you add a a cube with a Carbon cartridge , and so on.new.jpg

Here you go https://www.directtoshop.com/search?q=water+filter

Edited by Berty100

There are a lot of contaminates in the water supply here, calcium is not one of them. I actually have to add it too my pool to stop the grout dissolving. (Not a lot of people know that).

There are a few threads you can surch on this forum, and the most anyone has come up with is 13 ppm TDS. (F#@K all in terms of hardness). the basic local geology is igneous, (Laterite, decayed granite) therefore, unlikely to contain significant levels of calcium.

Maybe someone is pissing in your tank. bah.gif

We have a whole house water filtration system. Never get any deposits in the kettle. Had European visitors, would only drink bottled water. You would not believe the amount of calcium in the kettle.

Edited by Oink

There are a lot of contaminates in the water supply here, calcium is not one of them. I actually have to add it too my pool to stop the grout dissolving. (Not a lot of people know that).

There are a few threads you can surch on this forum, and the most anyone has come up with is 13 ppm TDS. (F#@K all in terms of hardness). the basic local geology is igneous, (Laterite, decayed granite) therefore, unlikely to contain significant levels of calcium.

Grout dissolves because of acidic water ( low PH) and you don't solve that with adding calcium but adding Sodium Carbonate ( soda ash) or Bi-carbonate (baking soda).

Alkalinity is something different from water hardness.

There is a lot ( depending on the location ) of calcium in the water here if your source is a private well, since shower cubicles are almost impossible to clean if you don't keep up.

If you have city water the calcium should be removed already.

Edited by Berty100

Grout dissolves because of acidic water ( low PH) and you don't solve that with adding calcium but adding Sodium Carbonate ( soda ash) or Bi-carbonate (baking soda).

There is a lot ( depending on the location ) of calcium in the water here if your source is a private well, since shower cubicles are almost impossible to clean if you don't keep up.

Close but no cigar. Calcium Carbonate is what you use to raise the Total Hardness to 250-350 ppm (350-450ppm in salt water pools)

You are Correct. Alkalinity and PH are totally independent.

What most people have never heard of , and do not realize, is that there is more to pool maintenance that just chlorine and PH.

That is why their grout dissolves and the end up paying a fortune for their pool to be repaired.

Close but no cigar. Calcium Carbonate is what you use to raise the Total Hardness to 250-350 ppm (350-450ppm in salt water pools)

You are Correct. Alkalinity and PH are totally independent.

What most people have never heard of , and do not realize, is that there is more to pool maintenance that just chlorine and PH.

That is why their grout dissolves and the end up paying a fortune for their pool to be repaired.

Well you owe me my cigar.

I never mentioned Calcium carbonate and low total hardness does nothing to your grout, it is the the low pH that eats your grout, and for that you use Sodium Carbonate.

And Alkalinity and pH are VERY dependent, since low TA will make your pH decrease while high TA will make your pH increase.

http://www.flasolar.com/pdf/water_chemistry_for_swimming_pools.htm

Total Alkalinity (TA)

Total alkalinity is closely associated with pH but rather than a measure of hydrogen ion concentration it is a measure of the ability of a solution to neutralize hydrogen ions. Expressed in parts per million (ppm), total alkalinity is the result of alkaline materials including carbonates, bicarbonates and hydroxides - mostly bicarbonates. This acid neutralizing (buffering) capacity of water is desirable because it helps prevent wide variations in pH whenever small amounts of acid or alkali are added to the pool. Total alkalinity is a measure of water's resistance to change in pH.

Calcium Hardness:

Calcium hardness is a measure of the dissolved calcium salts in water. Under normal conditions this should not be a problem in properly operated swimming pools. Estimates of the proper range of calcium hardness vary widely but the ideal level for plaster pool is generally considered to be about 250 ppm. If calcium hardness is very low then water may leach calcium from pool walls causing pitting of the plaster surface. Very high calcium hardness may contribute to scale formation and clouding of the water. To raise calcium hardness - add calcium chloride.

pH

pH is the single most important element in swimming pool water chemistry. It affects every other chemical balance in pool water.

pH is a measure of hydrogen ion (H+) concentration in water. It indicates the relative acidity or basicity of pool water. pH is measured on a scale of 0 (strong acid) to 14 (strong base) with 7 being the neutral pH.

In pools a slightly alkaline pH of 7.4 to 7.6 is most desirable because this range is most comfortable to the human eye and provides for optimum use of free chlorine while maintaining water that is not corrosive or scale forming.

If pH is too low (below 7)

Star Company Limited Water filters (Star Water Filter Co., Ltd.).
90 11 90 11
ทุ่งสุขลา ศรีราชา Tungsukla Sriracha
ชลบุรี 20230 Chonburi 20230
ไทย Thailand

เบอร์โทร 038-481937-8,083-2940604,094-9092483 แฟกซ์. 038-482091 Tel 038-481937-8,083-2940604,094-9092483 fax. 038-482091

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.co.th&sl=th&u=http://www.duan-daw.com/contactus&usg=ALkJrhi7AmSI8QwIC2B9c13n8Curak-PKw

I see mention about resin cartridges which do sound like water softeners and not just filters. How long do they last and/or is there a way to back flush them with salt to regenerate their ability to remove the minerals?