Chaing Mai news sites?

MickeyMaow

I go to TVF mostly for the comments, not the news unless you mean local information, in which case it is indeed useful.

If you mean news like economy, politics, developments in Thailand.... well I browse also the international editions of newspapers in SE Asia and the world, since here in the country some news tend to be "kindly forgotten".

btw, Chiang not Chaing.

Edited by arithai12

I go to TVF mostly for the comments, not the news unless you mean local information, in which case it is indeed useful.

If you mean news like economy, politics, developments in Thailand.... well I browse also the international editions of newspapers in SE Asia and the world, since here in the country some news tend to be "kindly forgotten".

btw, Chiang not Chaing.

The Guardian Weekly gives you an International coverage of the news, not centred on only one country.

I don't know about Chaing Mai, but in Chiang Mai I go to TVF for the comments, not the news.

Thanks for telling us.

ok so I was a bit sarcastic, to show what I meant... edited reply is now up.

Yes of course Ciang Mai, my device changed it (can't edit it now)

Anyway, I was referring to ThaiVisa.com not Thai Visa Forum

btw, Chiang not Chaing.

The old English spelling was always Chiengmai and local Thai's still pronounce it (close to) " Shiengmai " and Chiang Rai sounds more like Schienghai.

I wonder when the current spelling of Chiang Mai was accepted..... presumably during the Vietnam war era ?

You can use a newsfeed app like Feedly to do this. It can search all of the news sites via Google to find matches for Chiang Mai. You will get a lot of duplicates and junk articles but I find a lot of news this way that I would never see otherwise.

btw, Chiang not Chaing.

The old English spelling was always Chiengmai and local Thai's still pronounce it (close to) " Shiengmai " and Chiang Rai sounds more like Schienghai.

I wonder when the current spelling of Chiang Mai was accepted..... presumably during the Vietnam war era ?

I've seen it spelled three different ways on the same bank statement. I think there could very well be a tonal difference in CM province and CM city.