Land reform to seize back Mida Golf Club in Kanchanaburi

webfact

Land reform to seize back Mida Golf Club in Kanchanaburi

KANCHANABURI: -- The Agricultural Land Reform Office in Kanchanaburi province has recently put up a sign board in front of Mida Golf Club in Muang district claiming that the golf club has encroached on Sor Por Kor land and no one is allowed to trespass or face legal actions.

Mr Watcharin Wakamanon, chief of the Kanchanaburi Sor Por Kor office claimed that the golf club’s 1,930 rai of land allegedly belonging to an influential businessman in Nakhon Pathom province are located on Sor Por Kor land which has to be confiscated back to the state for land reform in accordance with the order of the National Council for Peace and Order.

He said that he had reported the encroachment case to Mr Sansern Atjudmanas, secretary-general of ALRO so that further action can be taken against the golf course.

Mida Golf Club was originally named Grand Garden & Golf Club. It was changed to The Lion Hills Golf and Country Club and eventually to Mida Golf Club Kanchanaburi in 2010.
It is an 18-hole par 72 golf course about 7,023 yard long on 499-rai plot of land.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/173582-2/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-07-25

That's all well and good as long as they are absolutely sure because I don't see any signs of legal proceedings just a straight out seizure which by the sounds of it will leave the me members out in the cold and probably well out of pocket.

I find it a bit rich that the government has declared a great deal of land owned by the flying saucer temple has encroached yet they still refuse act on the influential owners of that property even after they have made it public..

Is that 1431 Rai , extra land ? ,

never do you see men in orange swinging the club !

Encroachment of land should never happen anywhere, and people employed to

do due diligence, should be scrutinised, that have allowed these situations to escalate

to such large land holdings.

Will it remain a golf course?

Who will run/control it?

Who did the influential person fail to include in his informal fiscal arrangements?

I guess they will find a solution to appropriately punish the wrongdoers and at the same time preserve the investment that was made.

Edited by manarak

Why, Oh,Why do they find these Golf courses,Resorts,AFTER

they have been built,its the same with logging,a tree falling in

the forest cannot be heard,same as trucks taking in building supplies.

regards worgeordie

Really shows the problems involved with the administration of Sor Por Gor land!

As Jag notes above (#4), there are more questions to be answered than this golf course has had name changes.

Apparently, the original Grand Garden & Golf Club was established in 1994 (if you believe this link http://www.golforient.com/kanchanaburi-golf-courses/grand-garden-resort-golf-club/) on the same area of land mentioned in the Thai PBS article!

Grand_Garden.jpg

As also reported in the article, its name was later changed to The Lion Hills Golf and Country Club, and eventually to Mida Golf Club Kanchanaburi in 2010. Hard to imaging these name changes would have been done without some legal involvement, and that land title searches would not have been carried out as part of those name changes.

That said, it seems to have taken an unbelievably long time to identify that this golf course has "encroached" on Sor Por Kor land if it has existed for over 20 years, and its land area remains the same as it was originally.

If the same "influential businessman in Nakhon Pathom province" was involved from the get go, then it would seem that he doesn't have the "influence" he once had all those years ago!

post-209291-0-18438900-1469415916_thumb.

Could have an elite golf club there for members of the armed forces.

I think the army has enough elite golf clubs already.....obviously, this one isn't owned by a member of the military.

I'll bet it will be jolly soon!

smile.png