Mother Bringing A Projector Over

Dakhar

OK folks my mother is bringing over a projector. One of those big screen ideas. Any how, how does she bring it in. Does she pay a tax, if so how much, and how is the tax assesed?

Any recommendations, such as removing the bulb and claiming the machine does not work, and wants her son to repair it. All of which is true....

I just don't want my mother to have any issues. She is a little feeble, and has a voice disorder, which makes it difficult for her to talk. In some respects, I don't want the thing if it causes such a burden.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I just don't want my mother to have any issues. She is a little feeble, and has a voice disorder,

then why not tell her to forget about bringing it and source one here.

are you talking about a photographic slide projector , or one of those things to project from a computer ?

either way if customs stop her she will be delayed and have to pay taxes.

Just to let you know, I walked through Customs with two large suitcases and a carry on--went straight through. I think they would ignore your mom too.

One of the bonuses of being a farang woman, everyone looks at me and my two big bags and thinks "women have to travel with everything but the kitchen sink" :o

It is a BenQ 8700+

It retailed for around 5-8K USD back in its day, it was the best that BenQ offered in 2005. I purchased of the net new for 1600 USD... Now the question is... how to get it over here?

I am not sure if BenQ offered the 8700 here in thailand and if so what the price was.