Local Disk E - filling up

swissie

What you describe happened to me a while ago.

When I looked into it, I found that somehow a large portion of the disc space had been allowed to be used for saving restore points.

I deleted all but the last restore point and then adjusted the amount of space restore points could be saved to. This gave me back a lot of space on the disc.

When I looked into it, I found that somehow a large portion of the disc space had been allowed to be used for saving restore points.

I deleted all but the last restore point and then adjusted the amount of space restore points could be saved to. This gave me back a lot of space on the disc.

Thanks. I did what you mentioned. It freed-up 50 GB of space instantly.

Cheers.

As above, instal CC Cleaner, its a free programme, and run it daily, use it to uninstall unused programmes, but go carfefully.

Upgrade to the professional version later, if required.

Have a look at what WINDOWS is using, and deselect as required. START,COMPUTER,DRIVE,RIGHT CLICK select properties. Run the various tools within.

It is amazing what rubbish will have accumulated.

Thanks. I did what you mentioned. It freed-up 50 GB of space instantly.

Cheers.

I'm not an IT guru, far from it. This forum has been of assistance to me in the past. For the first time, I am happy to be able to put back in and contribute.

You are welcome. :)

Windows has a tool built in which a lot of people neglect.

(This is for Windows 10, but it is in earlier versions; just google the highlighted terms).

Open This PC, right click on the drive, and select "Disk Cleanup".

If it's your system drive, you can then click on "Clean up System Files".

You can see what junk is there, and how much space it takes up, and just select to delete it.

Not to say CCleaner isn't a good tool mind you.