How To Lose Weight : 42 Yo Guy, 85kg

fanciman

Hello!

What would be the best thing to do in the gym to lose, and then keep lost!, 10kg of fat?

What is the best machine to go on? That sort of thing...

Maximum bang/effort :D

I'm a 44 year old male. Although I'm tall at 6'4", I used to weigh 240lbs :o I am now down to a constant 205lbs.

I lost the weight by going on a strict diet. Think like a caveman! What did they eat? Meats, fruits and veggies. You'll be amazed how much weight you'll lose if these items become 90% of your diet. The goal is to stay off the carbs! No beer, no dessert, no pasta, no bread and little to no rice.

Augment the diet with some excersize and you'll be shopping for a new wardrobe before you know it.

Hello!

What would be the best thing to do in the gym to lose, and then keep lost!, 10kg of fat?

Maximum bang/effort :o

In short:

1. Cut out the fatty food - and there is HEAPS of it in chiang mai. Until you do that, just give up even trying to lose weight - seriously.

2. Cut out carbohydrates by 2pm and only have protein & vegies after that

3. Eat proper meals and stop snacking in between them. 4 meals a day seems good for me. Don't keep at 3 if it's just not enough. Don't eat 5 if you're bored late at night and aren't really hungry. Find what works for you.

4. Brisk walk for 45mins is the best exercise for fat loss. Running might make you lose more weight, but the extra weight is muscle (and since muscle burns fat all day long even while you sit on your ass, you want to preserver this!), and water (which is replaced next time you consume any food/drink).

I haven't gone through the other responses because I just can't be bothered, but be careful from all the b.s. advice random people on forums give - it's almost always rubbish.

Good luck.

The most important pre-requisite is strong motivation. Once you are sufficiently motivated, cut out all sugar (except what is already present in restaurant food) and all dairy products. Minimise your intake of coconut milk-based dishes, bread, rice, pasta. Do not drink alcohol. If you must, drink only spirits, no beer, no wine, no soft-drink mixers.

Drink at least two litres of water each day, plus tea, coffee, soda with lime, one fresh orange juice, clear soups. Dishes like clear noodle-soups with meat/vegies are reasonably satisfying and nutritious. Seafood, heaps of vegetables, meat, boiled eggs, a little rice, a little papaya, pomelo are good foods for weight-loss. Once a week treat yourself to a coconut-milk-based curry or perhaps some fried fish, but otherwise stay away from saturated fats.

Do take extra vitamins. A chromium tablet before breakfast will kick-start your metabolism, and accelerate your metabolic rate.

Focus on exercising the parts where you most want to lose weight. For men this is usually the stomach. Start slow, and work up to plenty of sit-ups, a quick 20 minute walk each day, or whatever other exercises you can print off the internet.

Wizzard's suggestion about not eating carbs after 2 pm is a good one, too.

The above regime is tough but effective. to keep the weight off you will need to reduce sugar, sat fats and carbs for life.

Good luck, and how about posting us before and after pix when you achieve your goal?

Hello!

Maximum bang/effort :o

In short:

1. Cut out the fatty food - and there is HEAPS of it in chiang mai. Until you do that, just give up even trying to lose weight - seriously.

I haven't gone through the other responses because I just can't be bothered, but be careful from all the b.s. advice random people on forums give - it's almost always rubbish.

Good luck.

Then why do you give Crappy advice???

If you really want to lose some ugly, unsightly fat,then cut off your head.

Seriously, though, the ONLY way to lose weight is to reduce input.Exercise will increase muscle tone,making you look fitter, and probably making you feel better about yourself.

If you really want to lose some ugly, unsightly fat,then cut off your head.

Seriously, though, the ONLY way to lose weight is to reduce input.Exercise will increase muscle tone,making you look fitter, and probably making you feel better about yourself.

I was reading through the posts looking for this one. It was begging to be aired :D

Seriously tho, I wish I weighed ONLY 85 kilos I despair at losing weight here. it's too hot to exercise seriously. And I thought eating Thai food would keep me slim !! :o

The diet here + heat helps IMO.

My peak was 86 kilos in Aus...lots of big pub lunches.

Here I am 73 kilos and pretty much in shape. It's nice to wear a T-Shirt that fits on tight and looks good, not expose a pair of man boobs.

It's worth getting fit. I am 36 years old, I hit my 86 kilo peak at age 33. Even at that age, carrying around the extra weight was bloody tiring.

I don't know how blokes aged 50 + carry around 100 kilos and those guts that look like their expecting twins. Each to his own, but it's not a good look fellas :o

so i gathered, but when i drink it regularly i tend to start up a milk gut.

But what about the calcium differences and other benefits of soy?... i know its supposed to be good, just not sure why. Would you replace baby milk with a soy alternative?????

BTW, who started the 'soi' spelling?? did i subconsciously pic it up at star######s??

The diet here + heat helps IMO.

My peak was 86 kilos in Aus...lots of big pub lunches.

Here I am 73 kilos and pretty much in shape. It's nice to wear a T-Shirt that fits on tight and looks good, not expose a pair of man boobs.

It's worth getting fit. I am 36 years old, I hit my 86 kilo peak at age 33. Even at that age, carrying around the extra weight was bloody tiring.

I don't know how blokes aged 50 + carry around 100 kilos and those guts that look like their expecting twins. Each to his own, but it's not a good look fellas :o

you will, when you are 50+ :D

Don't PM anybody I am sure they will be just Herbalife sellers and want you to join up 6 other friends :o

My 5c is drink as much water as you can. No fried food. lots of fruits/salads, and walk everyday.

Thailand is the best place to lose weight the heat alone is enough to make you work up a sweat.

Don't PM anybody I am sure they will be just Herbalife sellers and want you to join up 6 other friends :o

My 5c is drink as much water as you can. No fried food. lots of fruits/salads, and walk everyday.

Thailand is the best place to lose weight the heat alone is enough to make you work up a sweat.

totally agree.

was 87 kgs when arriving here 2+ years ago, now a trim down 78kgs, due to the climate. The weight came off over 6 months. I just wasnt craving food when it was 30c+ outside. It really suppressed my appetite, and I drunk more water and ate more fruit, so cheap and fresh here. Now my portion sizes are quite smaller than what I would have had back in NZ. Also factoring in that my diary intake (cheeses mainly) is nil now.

I still have the odd burger, chips etc at Mikes but not often. Its all moderation mate. My dad was well overweight most his life and hes now diabetic and had a mild stroke. I DONT wanna go there.

Beer is the #1 killer for me

Don't worry guys, there is hope for beer drinkers, too :D

My friend, Brian, in Canada has been following the "Fit for Life" book, which is more of a way of life than a diet. It doesn't exclude any food groups (not like the Atkins diet, which gets you to eat only protein and very little carbs).

If you are a beer drinker like my friend, try "Fit for life". It recommends about 20 minutes a day of exercise (if I remember correctly), eating nothing but fruit in the morning (but lots of fruit if you want) and after that, it's mostly about combining and not combining certain foods.

I was on it about 15 years ago and went from 198 lbs down to about 180 lbs. I drank all the beer I would normally drink, ate like a pig, exercised about 1/2 hour to 1 hour per day and only had fruit in the morning until noon.

In the beginning, I lost an average of about 1/2 lb per day (225gr), after the first month, when my body became leaner, the weightloss slowed, but I was quite happy at 182 lbs, when I stopped, because I am about 5'10" and that seemed about right for me.

I stayed at that weight for about 3 or four years, even so I started doing everything else wrong, expect I kept eating only fruit until noon.

running on the treadmill in the gym seemed a lot easier than running on paved roads. I also did a lot of swimming.

Now I don't do anything anymore and I am about 200 lbs (90kg), but that's o.k., because being a little overweight is not all that bad in Thailand :o

It's my chest and I wear it where I want it.... I also paid way too much for it in beer to just let it disappear LOL