Four year old Thai/Aussie child recovering from injuries - but psychological scars remain

webfact

Four year old Thai/Aussie child recovering from injuries - but psychological scars remain

s5.jpg

SAMUI: -- The Thai press continue to follow the story of the half Thai half Australian child who was severely beaten by her mother on Koh Samui.

The child suffered bruising and injuries after her mother had attacked her with a stick. A neighbor in the Bo Phut area had posted her concerns on social media before contacting police on Thursday, reported Daily News.

The four year old - named only as "A" - has been taken into care at a Surat Thani authority children's home where she is recovering. The head of the home, Jarunee Ratanajinda said that the child's injuries were healing well but that the girl was psychologically scarred.

Negotiations have taken place regarding what to do next with the possibility that the child will be looked after by an aunt in Lampang where she lived previously. Social workers have said that the mother should try to find a job and get her life back on track before she can be considered fit to have the child again.

The mother had earlier claimed that financial worries had led her to assaulting her child.

Jarunee said: "The mother claims to love her child and speaks very nicely but the root causes of the attack need to be addressed".

Reporters who went to the home asked the little one if she loved her mother to which she shook her head. After care workers told her that her mother loved her she said that she loved her mum too but wanted to stay at the home and not go back to living with her mother.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-26

Social workers have said that the mother should try to find a job and get her life back on track before she can be considered fit to have the child again.

The mother should be getting a job cleaning the prison toilets while she thinks about getting her life back together.

Edited by Old Croc

...I guess the violent psycho monster said 'Sorry'....

....so violence is okay if it is done by a woman....???

...is that the message....???

...and extended family...same genes as the criminal...does that make sense...???

...after all...they refer to the innocent child as ...'half'.....do you expect the abuse will stop....???

...when will our governments and embassies begin to start standing up for our rights and speak out against all this abuse and lack of rights...???

....where in the world do they call ANYONE.....'a half'.....???

...and it's okay....???

A very sad story indeed but unfortunately not an isolated one, I've seen it happen many times over the years, not so much the physical abuse, once the baht stops rolling in the kids are usually left with the grandparents and forgotten about or as has happened to some close friends simply sold to the fathers, for as little as 10,000 baht, and as stated above the psychological scars will last a long time, in many cases forever.

I wonder about the aussie part mentioned in the title... the father is just a name on a birth certificate or what?

Likewise the phrase 'dual national' is a much more 21st C description than 'half'anything.

Agreed - it would seem 'doubles' is more accurate than 'halves'...

just de-pixelled the photo, and yes that is a really really bad black eye the left one, the dailynews pixelling could not make that disappear totally,

and the right one is not much better,

lots of ladies' red lipstick looked really out of place, but seeing as she's on the news, hey why not brighten the little face up

...and extended family...same genes as the criminal...does that make sense...???

...after all...they refer to the innocent child as ...'half'.....do you expect the abuse will stop....???

...when will our governments and embassies begin to start standing up for our rights and speak out against all this abuse and lack of rights...???

...and it's okay....???

I think calling a person a half cast or mixed blood any where else in the world is considered racist. Thailand whether they believe it or not is a very racist country.

...and it's okay....???

I think calling a person a half cast or mixed blood any where else in the world is considered racist. Thailand whether they believe it or not is a very racist country.

I believe the correct term would be Eurasian. Half cast is a racist term but the other is usually a lovely mix except in the minds of purists.

You think wrong but in any case no one called anyone else half cast [sic] or mixed blood, the girl was referred to as half Thai, half Australian, there is a huge difference.

...and it's okay....???

"so violence is okay if it is done by a woman....???"

Your bizarre assumptions continue, where does it say that the violence was ok and not being followed up? Did you deliberately ignore this quote from which it is obvious to anyone that the police are investigating..."A neighbor in the Bo Phut area had posted her concerns on social media before contacting police...".

"when will our governments and embassies begin to start standing up for our rights and speak out against all this abuse and lack of rights...???"

What does this child's problems have to do with "our rights" and "our governments and embassies?