13 injured when Isuzu showroom collapses

snoop1130

13 injured when Isuzu showroom collapses
By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

post-249866-0-67819300-1469623031_thumb.

NAKHON PATHOM Thirteen workers were injured when Isuzu showroom being built west of Bangkok collapsed Wednesday morning.

The three-story building on Putthamonthon Sai 4 fell as structural cement was being poured on the third floor, according to Pol. Col. Saksri Kaew-iam of the Pokaew Police Station. One worker was said to be in serious condition.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2016/07/27/13-injured-isuzu-showroom-collapses/

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-07-27

Cannot tell too much from the picture, but it kinda looks like too much rebar and not enough Cement.

Yes and its hard to pour and finish concrete at those inclines and curves especially when it keeps falling through!

Cannot tell too much from the picture, but it kinda looks like too much rebar and not enough Cement.

Yes, it does rather look that way. And I always thought that one of the biggest problems with building in Thailand was skimping on the rebar, thus making the building structurally weak.

Don't worry this contractor better do a runner. Isuzu no doubt has a battery of legal eagles ready to pounce that work on a recovery fee. The poor contractor could not have picked a client with more stature here. He will be the flavor of the month if they catch him the government will make sure of that.

Edited by elgordo38

Looks like they were trying to copy the "birds nest" stadium in china.facepalm.gif

about the "13 injured" seems extremely lucky looking at itsad.png , hmmm going to ask how many more "didnt return from lunch"? no matter would only be migrant workersbah.gif

Edited by kaorop

On seeing the picture, my first thought was that there wasn't enough under form work support.

Then a friend showed me some photos from his phone of said under form bracing, and I had to laugh... His pictures showed an alarming lack of cross bracing and support... On steel form work, not bamboo... So no surprises here (the highest risk is when the concrete is wet) that the lower form collapsed

Yes and its hard to pour and finish concrete at those inclines and curves especially when it keeps falling through!

or is it a case of wrong engineering calculations.

will truth ever be known.