What happened to the one day a month no grocery bags

ableguy

Here in Korat I shop at big C, a while back a big announcement by the government the fifteenth of every month all stores would not give out free plastic shopping bags, at big C see it lasted one month only.

Since then I now take my own large shopping bag but get serious black looks from the cashiers seems they hate having their routine broken, it seems to really piss them off, anyone else ?

I carry a reusable cloth bag (ย่าม yâam) with me everywhere. I hate plastic and use it for carrying things after purchase. In five years I have never seen a Thai person use a reusable bag. I have only seen one farang use one. I find this hard to believe, as it is not difficult to do and is free, I can only guess that using a reusable bag is seen as downmarket.

I shop at Makro once a week. There I see people using empty store boxes to haul away their goods. I like Makro for their no plastic bag policy. I am sure that if they provided plastic bags, their clientele would use them. All stores should stop issuing plastic bags. We would see some rapid adaptation.

I shop at Makro once a week. There I see people using empty store boxes to haul away their goods. I like Makro for their no plastic bag policy. I am sure that if they provided plastic bags, their clientele would use them. All stores should stop issuing plastic bags. We would see some rapid adaptation.

You can buy large plastic ones by the cashiers, but they're pretty crappy. I bring a canvas one but have forgotten it a couple of times. The last time that happened, I bought one of the red plastic ones with a cloth handle down in the aisle instead -- about the same price but better quality.

Depriving the locals! how else will they be able to dispose of their garbage if they have no plastic bags to put it in before throwing on the side of the road or wherever else is easy and available :(

Just don't shop on the 15 th of each month. It is the same thing, as not using plastic bags !

Or shop on the 15th. But eat everything that you buy inside the store. No plastic Bags !

Hope these two solutions help you to save the planet. Good luck !

Depriving the locals! how else will they be able to dispose of their garbage if they have no plastic bags to put it in before throwing on the side of the road or wherever else is easy and available sad.png

Or as we do and many Thai people do, put the rubbish in the bag and then put the bagin the bin outside the gate.

Just don't shop on the 15 th of each month. It is the same thing, as not using plastic bags !

Or shop on the 15th. But eat everything that you buy inside the store. No plastic Bags !

As I explained bone head I take my own bag.

As I stated bone head I take my own shopping bag, you need to sign up for the how to read English course, however be aware it will probably take you a long time, to grasp the subject.

On July 29, 2016 at 4:49 PM, yardrunner said:

Or as we do and many Thai people do, put the rubbish in the bag and then put the bagin the bin outside the gate.

Or alongside the road, where it can ripen a little.  But the trucks eventually pick it up.

On 7/29/2016 at 4:49 PM, yardrunner said:

Or just burn the lot as we do!!

On 7/30/2016 at 0:15 AM, ableguy said:

As I stated bone head I take my own shopping bag, you need to sign up for the how to read English course, however be aware it will probably take you a long time, to grasp the subject.

Seems he was stating the obvious for those not so hiso as to be able to afford their own bags.....bone head!

Archived