Homework

I am constantly asked by parents 3 questions.

1. Why do the schools give so much homework in English?

2. I have my child in a "good" school and am paying why can he she not read English?

3. My question is why are the kids in school from 8 until in one schools case 500. How do teachers expect 8-11 year olds to learn that long in school.

BTW thank you for not teaching them to read I make my living do that for you.clap2.gif

It's not only teachers responsibility to teach children ,parents have to help aswell,I teach my son English ,mathematics ,science and geography because I want him learn good ,if you start teach them young and make it interesting they will learn .i am not a teacher but my son learns more with me than school ,I give homework about a hour a day

5 hours ago, manfredtillmann said:

you are teaching english???

your post is riddled with grammar and omission errors. you make money teaching thai kids to read? what on earth do you teach them?

no wonder the educational standards here are as appalling as they are.

You could throw capital letter in now and then yourself.  Just saying..you brought it up.

Let me understand this. The parents complain the kids don't learn English AND complain there is too much homework in English? Sorry, I cant figure that one out.

BTW you teach English but hate using punctuation, or haven't learned that yet? Please pm me and arrange for English lessons.

48 minutes ago, csabo said:

You could throw capital letter in now and then yourself.  Just saying..you brought it up.

If you're going to be a smart arse, get your own writing right. Do you know what an article is?

10 hours ago, csabo said:

But maybe the poster you replied to isn't an English teacher, and doesn't claim to teach them reading, like the OP does.

15 hours ago, csabo said:

back in the early days of email, perhaps before you were born, email was nothing more than a slightly faster (and cheaper) form of telex. there also was no way of inserting little faces expressing humour or emotions etc.

so other ways had to be devised to emphasize or accentuate your point: hence, using capital letters was designated to be 'shouting'.

and as i am a very polite person i do not shout.:wai:

and even your above reply lacks badly, again, sir.

Archived