N. Korean restaurant in BKK

ezzra

Did you know that there's a N. Korean restaurant in BKK, 83 Soi Sukhumvit 26, named

Pyongyang A Ri Rang Restaurant that belong to the N. Korean government and thus

belong to the new boss kim jung eun, who runs 130 such places all over the world

Yesterday 6 people were executed in N. Korea for aiding and abiding 12 waitresses working

in S. Korean capital branch to flee and seek asylum there, will you be dining there?

On 7/30/2016 at 10:07 AM, Rob13 said:

How's the food?

Friends of mine who live in Bangkok have been several times.  They have also been to North Korea twice so wanted to see how 'authentic' it was.

According to them the food is good as is the entertainment (live music and dancing)

I'll definitely go at some point.

I love all sorts of cuisine.

still, the best way to determine what food it really is, is to sneak a peek at who is really cooking.

i have found from experience that authentic cuisine is indigenous to its nation.

I was told in Cambodia that the North Korean restaurants were fronts to distribute counterfeit US$ (since it's basically the currency in Cambodia). Apparently they are never busy and yet never go out of business. 

Seems plausible since N. Korea is generally considered to be the biggest source of the high quality counterfeit currency. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2016 at 10:45 PM, seancbk said:

Seriously?   You don't like Korean Barbecue?   

I think it's the best food South Korea has to offer. Not just the food but the whole experience that comes with it. The friendships and bonds you make while having your food. 

Unless you're a total social retard, dinner in Korea is almost like going to a nightclub in terms of making connections, friends, girls you name it.

Edited by PomRakBKK

My Korean friends says its one of the best korean restaurants in Bangkok. N Korea wants good reputation so generally all the food and service at their restaurants are tops, that is unless you don't like the taste of it...which is not really their fault

When the TV show Don't Tell My Mother was in N.Korea. His hosts treated him to a mussle clam bake in a parking lot. They doused the whole lot in gas and lit it. Wonder if those are on the menu.

I wouldn't spend a Satang in a N. Korean restaurant.  That's kinda like buying a sweater from a shop knowing a slave made it.