Aussie Emerald’s gold search heads to fresh territory

geovalin

Australian mining firm Emerald Resources is preparing to commence first-pass test drilling on its O’Rman prospect in northeastern Cambodia, where soil assays from augur samples have indicated the presence of gold mineralisation, the company said in its latest quarterly report.

The prospect is located about 6 kilometres north of the company’s Okvau gold project, which an independent study estimated could yield 1.13 million tonnes of gold at 2.2 g/t, and has no historical record of drilling.

Emerald, which announced a merger with Australian listed miner Renaissance Minerals earlier this month, said drilling operations would begin by the end of the wet season in November.

read more http://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/emeralds-gold-search-heads-fresh-territory

20 hours ago, tuanku said:

Environmental destruction is a major export from Australian mining companies to SE Asia.

You can always return the copper and gold traces on all your electronics any time you wish.

No?

Have to laugh at the "mining is bad but I'll use its products anyway" thinking

1 hour ago, kaorop said:

You can always return the copper and gold traces on all your electronics any time you wish.

No?

Have to laugh at the "mining is bad but I'll use its products anyway" thinking

Have to laugh at the "it's useful so it doesn't matter how ethically it is extracted" line of argument.

On 3/8/2016 at 9:23 AM, tuanku said:

Have to laugh at the "it's useful so it doesn't matter how ethically it is extracted" line of argument.

well are you? you know, not going to use those products?

or magically you can discern where and how it was extracted?

no didnt think so

so you are what?

most would say a hypocrite but i'll just say mislead

On 8/9/2016 at 11:02 PM, kaorop said:

well are you? you know, not going to use those products?

or magically you can discern where and how it was extracted?

no didnt think so

so you are what?

most would say a hypocrite but i'll just say mislead

No, of course you are right! logic dictates that as long as products are bought which contain ingredients which are obtained by environmentally destructive procedures, there should be no restrictions on those procedures. To hell with the environment! Happy now?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2016 at 9:55 AM, tuanku said:

No, of course you are right! logic dictates that as long as products are bought which contain ingredients which are obtained by environmentally destructive procedures, there should be no restrictions on those procedures. To hell with the environment! Happy now?

what's this strawman argument?

where have I said i favor that?

fact is ALL mining has negative effects on the the environment, some worse than others.

so, again, do you make purchasing decisions based on how the ore was excavated?

no you dont, you just want to harp on about it but still use the end products.