Two men beaten in karaoke bar, allegedly for horrible singing voices

webfact

Two men beaten in karaoke bar, allegedly for horrible singing voices

By Coconuts Bangkok 

ahr0cdovl3blms5pc2fub29rlmnvbs9ucy8wl3vk

Photo: Sanook

CHIANG MAI: -- Two travel agents said they were beaten inside a karaoke bar in Chiang Mai last night, allegedly because the attackers were annoyed by their horrible singing voices.

The victims, whose identities were withheld, filed a police complaint at 2am today after they were allegedly beaten by a group of men in a karaoke bar on Wiang Ping Road.

They said their attackers were workers at the bar, who beat them and smashed their motorcycles for no good reason. The two men ran away and were taken to the hospital by good samaritans.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/08/02/two-men-beaten-karaoke-bar-allegedly-horrible-singing-voices

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-08-02

This should put to rest the belief Thais have no musical taste.

I was in Japan in early '80's: lots of karaoke bars, but none in US that I knew of.

I could see the future: karaoke, Hello Kitty.... all coming at USA and nothing to stop it. Future seemed so bleak.

Several people have been shoot dead for hogging the microphone in Karaoke Bars here. Around 20 years ago, a rich developer had his bodyguard shoot dead his Architect because he was hogging the mic. Then there have even been a number of policemen shooting policemen for hogging the mic. Singing Karaoke should carry a health warning.

2 hours ago, Emster23 said:

This should put to rest the belief Thais have no musical taste.

I was in Japan in early '80's: lots of karaoke bars, but none in US that I knew of.

I could see the future: karaoke, Hello Kitty.... all coming at USA and nothing to stop it. Future seemed so bleak.

Build a wall. Oh wait that's already on the way.

Edited by mesterm

Well, all I can say is that when I lived in Pattaya and finally found a really nice quiet place with a huge balcony and great view of the city, for a low price, I was very happy their and slept great.

That is until a new karaoke bar moved in just down the street and stayed open every night until 4 am. Believe me, there is nothing worst than being forced to listen to some Drunk Thai Man sing a Thai Song at 4 am in the morning when he could hardly talk and forgot most of the words to this song.

I never did it, but I certainly can understand how someone else could go over and tie a beating on someone who was doing that.   

...duhh....maybe singing but not spending.....???

...nobody ever said these bars are 'fun venues'......more like pits....

..."If you don't order anything you can't be overcharged".....sound like words of wisdom....

...so out you go....!!!

7 hours ago, monkey4u said:

Karaoke should be banned

Drunk people who Cant sing making noises to even more drunk people  :whistling:

What a way to spend a night  :blink:

What a way to have a night out ruined if you happen not to be drunk or do not happen to love karaoke (ie or are not Asian)   ............

6 hours ago, captspectre said:

I was wondering when this would finally happen! these drunk thai's start singing and it sounds like your strngling a chicken! everyone of them thinks he is perry como! but being as they are all drunk they all think the sme!

thais know who Perry Como was ?