bike racks and mountain bikes

seesip

Do bike racks need to be annotated on your Blue book?D o such loads loads needs to be covered with a tarp to operate on a public highway?

A Foreigner driving a vehicle with any kind of modification appears to be a tempting target for the Police.

Crossed Thailand more than a few times, with two bicycles hanging off the back (suzuki ertiga).  I have a strap on rack.

No issues, anywhere.  In fact, all the tailgating nonsense disappeared.  I leave them a bit wobbly.

Those strap on bike racks can slip and slide. I also managed to slightly crack a rear tail light. Now that the car is 3 years old, I don't sweat it anymore....but I would not use them on a brand new car.

Edited by slipperylobster

I drive around with 5 bikes on back (and 2 more inside), never had a problem (see pic. - might have to click on link below)

There's a Thule shop on 108 and many bike shops have some bike racks for cars.

1072429_10203252501062865_1685811165_o.t

Edited by junglechef

We have a receiver/ hitch mount rack that we hang up to 4 bikes on & never a problem....

Also have a receiver/hitch mounted rear carrier that can take up to 750# that we've used driving through Thailand & also never had a problem......