Wheelchair accessible hotel/accommodation

jasontefl1980

Sawadee khrup everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me: I need wheelchair accessible accommodation for about 1 week in both Bangkok (ideally near Mo Chit Station) and Chiang Mai.  Can anyone recommend anywhere?

I've travelled a lot in Asia so I'm used to difficult circumstances but an accessible shower room is essential; It's really all about having a shower with no steps.

Looking forward to your responses,

This is not close to where you want to be but the (relatively) new Marriott on Suk Soi 57 is wheelchair accessible and has a room such as you describe.  Probably around 3500 baht/per night.  I have a friend of a friend who stayed there and really, really thought it was nice.

Below are names of other hotels that have rooms with roll in shower like you need, but I dont have personal experience with them.  (I have alot of experience at JW Marriott a few times, but never have seen the wheelchair room, though the hotel overall is very nice)

Best idea may be to call the below hotels directly to find out availability and rates.  Good luck!.

AETAS lumpini
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11
Amari Boulevard Bangkok
Anantara Siam Bangkok
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 57
Best Western Premier Sukhumvit
Centara Grand at CentralWorld
Dusit Thani Bangkok
Holiday Inn Bangkok
Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom
Holiday Inn Bangkok Sukhumvit
Holiday Inn Express Sukhumvit 57
InterContinental Bangkok
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok
Marvel Hotel Bangkok
Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok
Movenpick Hotel Sukhumvit 15
Pullman Bangkok King Power
Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit
The Sukhothai Bangkok
Swissotel Nai Lert Park Bangkok
Tower Club at Iebua
W Bangkok

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We took our daughter to Bangkok and Chiang Mai. She's had to use a wheelchair so we did some research. The hotel we chose in Bangkok is Pathuman Princess (http://www.pprincess.com/). The hotel is centrally situated, provides wheelchairs --- and connects to the massive MBK Mall!  To get from the airport to the hotel we used the service offered by by http://www.transferbkk.com/. Within Bangkok we used Uber.

To get to Chiang Mai we used Bangkok Air. Extremely friendly service. We stayed at Viangbua Mansion (and it has an accessible shower; but best to check).

Every where we went people were friendly and helpful. 

Good luck!